OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Missing emails

Now that emails have somehow been prioritised, other emails seem to be missing or extremely hard to find. The previous list of ALL emails in order of when received seems much simpler.

140 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rebecca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to personally thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing all of the great feedback.

It seems that there are a couple of issues that got reported on this topic. They are that some people seem to be missing email that they saw previously, or are not seeing new emails that are coming in. And secondly, they want to view their email in one list instead of the Focused Other view.

Both of these should be a simple fix.

To disable Focused Other follow these simple steps

1) Login to your outlook.com mailbox
2) In the top right there is a Gear icon, This is settings click it.
3) This opens up the quick settings view. From here you can disabled Focused Inbox.

Once you have it disabled you will go back to the old view where everything is in a single Inbox view.

Hope this helps

David Los

209 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bridget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my emails along with my outlook .co.uk has gone, all my hotmails have gone, I really need them as I am under different hospitals and need my emails in order to keep communication with all 3 hospitals along with my support net work, to aide with my illness.
    who can have done this without my consent. please amend.

• Frank Phinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. Ditto. Somewhat luckily, I can access "new" emails when I am alerted through the "Notifications" service (in the lower right hand corner of my screen.) Once they are accessed - they cannot be found again!
    PLEASE FIX THIS!!

• C.C. campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lost emails

All emails from sender lost due to Search being removed, before a list of emails was attached to each sender under search and it was easy to locate. I never put them in a file which now I know I should have because they are nowhere to be located, the history is gone and so are the enails, some were legal and important.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where have all of my recent inbox emails gone ? I have not moved them ??? Why do you insist on changing hotmail when the new version is more confusing and not "visually friendly"...emails are too important to be played around with...very close to just switching everything over to Google, when I have been loyal to you for many years :-(

• Deganit Shimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot find my account. All contacts deleted all mail gone! This was my main active account! what can I do to at least retrieve my contacts?

• rmal42@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your damned new Outlook just threw away most of my inbox when I clicked on just a few items, and the undo refuses to work!!!! I LOST SOME IMPORTANT FILES BECAUSE OF THIS
    !!! WHAT IN **** IS WRONG WITH YOUR CRUMMY SYSTEM??!! THIS NEW OUTLOOK IS INCREDIBLY SCREWED UP AND NOW IT HAS COST ME MANY IMPORTANT FILES!!!!

Why have you messed all my emails up and lost my inbox what a load of rubbish

I logged in to my Outlook (Hotmail) account this morning and my emails have vanished. Where are they? I have tried to research CLUTTER but that is not is, as that email is empty...and it also says that I'm only using 1/10th of my email storage. How do I get these back and STOP Hotmail from deleting them in the future?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base