OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

With the new Beta version I am not abl eto download attachments - please help!

With the new Beta version I am not able to download attachments - please help!

228 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

edweb98@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I get multiple photos attached to a single email, there is no where to download them all to my computer all at once. I have to save each one individually at a time.

Can you please ensure that all attachments that were previously very simple to download, can be the same as the documents they have been sent- i.e. i was sent a word document from work to amend with some data i have in another word document on my desktop and could not download it as a Word document making it impossible to provide this info for a report for a meeting today!
    The Download option is there but does not work when i click it and when the email goes into preview screen the word document becomes a PDF.

Please allow me to revert back to how it was before for this particular isuue i was quite dependant on this flexibility in my Personal Outlook email account that i have had for so long.
    Also i cannot find where i can down load all my emails and their attachements anymore! Please help... thank you.

This beta, this one with problems of organization, ordering of the email's. Do not download attachments and find a recent and very complicated email.

• NBD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to select a folder to download an attachment in the email?

• garywinebrener@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The attachments to my emails will not download. They downloaded fine before the new format was introduced yesterday. How do I download them. I click on "Download" and nothing

• Luis Delgado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[ESCALATION] Downloading of attachments, and previewing PDF documents in the browser is broken since months. I have reported this problem already 3 times using the Give Feedback option in the browser, but the problem continues. If you do not fix this problem within next week, I will cancel my paid subscription.
    Please escalate this issue accordingly, as it has been ignored too long.

• Jiri Brejcha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot download any attachments either. I can't even preview attached photos or photos inserted inline. Please fix this!

Clearing cache doesn't help.

macOS 10.13.4
    Safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.4)
    Chrome 66.0.3359.181 (64-bit)

• andrew.hocking@hotmail.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my sister sent me a photo in an email, I was unable to actually download the image itself. It would only allow me to download the lower-resolution thumbnail of the image. I had to go on my phone, save it there, then transfer it to my laptop.

It's very difficult just to download photos which are attachments. I just want it to go into my download folder and it's giving me all these options! No good for older people who do NOT want all this whizzy IT stuff.

• Luc van Kessel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've the same problem, very frustrating. Also on my office365 mail. When I have to download a file fast (one hour before school begins), it doesn't download anything.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base