OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Please DO NOT include Skype as a mandatory feature. I understand it may help some people to have Skype load upon logging into their Outlook account, but for others, it's disturbing.

Please provide a way to completely disable Skype's connectivity to Outlook.

150 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

117 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I want to access my mail, I don't want to be forced to access skype chat.
    It's very simple, so simple I'm surprised someone thought it was needed. Please allow me to disable skype entirely from outlook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to delete skype from my microsoft account. I do not want any skype information active and linked with my microsoft account. Because microsoft forces me to use skype, I am always recommending friends and colleagues to avoid microsoft office, and I'm always demonstrating how google docs and gmail can do everything they do on microsoft products, but better. The only reason why I'm doing this is because I hate skype.

• marco.wepfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove Skype binding from outlook.com. If you want Skype in outlook.com, you can add this. And others who do not like Skype (like me) can remove it and use outlook.com for what it really is: a mail client! Or at least completely invisible in Skype and no notifications in the menu bar.

I do not use any of these features. I want to lock them all together. don't use calendar, chat, mail, people, notes.

How do I block them or disable them?

• kaito_kid39@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to disable Skype on Outlook.com. I don't want to be automatically signed-in to Skype or deal with Skype while on Outlook.com.

• Csilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Need a solution to disable Skype in Outlook! Have it optional! If I am not logged into Skype for good reasons, Imy contacts from Skype are still able to reach me when my Outlook is open. This is absolutely annoying and crossing the line of privacy! Why is Outlook or Skype making decision on my behalf???!!! Fix the issue or else we can use other applications to e-mail/video chat and forget about Outlook and Skype.

• sifurichmooney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

skype is a platform for phishers and *** spambots. I will be glad when you delete it from outlook.

• maxtraxv3@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why am i loged into skype?
    im just trying to email without distractions
    you dont even have an option to oped out...

Skype is one of the most useless things I've seen from Microsoft since that stupid paperclip.

• chaiko100 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I am really annoyed by Skype in my hotmail web, very useless, I have the app, no need to use it on my mail, and I REALLY WANT UNLINK IT! DON"T SHOW IT ON MY MAIL! Can you help me how to do it??? Thanks!

• Daniel Haddok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to get rid of skype from the mailbox ?
    I don't want this skype constantly sends notification

• Allan Davenport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There has got to be a devious reason why you make Skype obligatory and guess what ?..........respect you customers if we need a service we can DL it.

• logix2112@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous that when one opens Hotmail, it logs you into Skype. Even more ridiculous, Skype will show you're available and you can't change that. Guys, seriously?

I want to be able to delete skype from my microsoft account. I don't want to see any spam skype notifications, I don't want to use anything at all by skype. I want to completely delete and remove all associated skype data from my account.

• Michael Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Skype is to be integrated with the Outlook.com inbox, please at least let us sign out of Skype separately.

There are times when I'm on Outlook.com and Skype just disturbs me with spam or unwanted attention - and it makes sense that I could log out, while remaining in my Outlook inbox.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base