OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

double click email / Pop Out

I want to double click my message to see the full message rather than the squashed preview, it's missing some information unless I scroll the preview pane.

878 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

419 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SMW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can no longer open in full screen by using double click. Any ideas?

• Kymm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also having this issue with not being able to double click to open my email in Office 365. Anyone have a a work around yet?

• TP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

double click on a message suddenly gives me a window version of the message which I cannot expand to full screen in any way. Any help please?

• AnotherAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My request for tabs has been merged with this suggestion. It is NOT equivalent, even when it works! I want to be able to leave multiple messages open to return to them later, and to be able to easily move among them. PLEASE add functionality to Outlook with tabs like those used in browsers.

• dwstock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are you going to fix this lousy email program. The emails do not open in a second window when you double click the email. How hard is it to fix this issue? you people are supposed to be the experts with this ****.

• Kjell Bristrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My observation is that double-click opens a mail in a new window only if I have preview (bottom or right) enabled. Without the preview enabled, I only get the mail opened inside the same window, replacing the message list.

It looks like the double click to open the email in a second window will never be resolved. How do I revert back to the opd program that did work?

• Maxwell Roseman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works on one of my email addresses (O365) but not my MSA. I also have another MSA which doesn't show the Outlook beta toggle, but it always showing the beta UI.

So should I hold my breath or just give up on someone getting this right? Maybe make it open source so the community can fix it for you.

• Teresa A Perkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found that if I go to Settings > Customize Actions and check "Open in New Window" the little icon then appears on the message along with the Reply, Reply all, etc. Then you can click on that icon and the message opens in a new window of its own. Knowing that would have saved all of us some headache. :)

• Nikki Barr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep - just tried it and the pop out doesn't work (using Chrome). switched back to regular version again.

• searay42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now can you fix the Bcc issue so that it opens up ALL my contacts, right now it only opens up the last few I Bcc'd, I just tried the new updated beta version and that is still broke

Well guess what. It still doesn't work. It still won't pop out by double clicking the message. Why did I think that you would get this fixed? Go back to the original system. I don't know what you had to mess with this anyway. There wasn't anything wrong with it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the message stating I can now double click on an email and get it to pop out. Sadly tried today (28.05.2018) as soon as i got your message and no i can't!! Messages still wont pop out .

• Teresa A Perkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this supposed to start? I have been double clicking every message in the list since I got this email and none of them open up in their own window.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base