OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Messages constantly flashing

As much as I tried to like the new Outlook.com beta, it just isn't quite ready for prime time. The constant flashing (reloading?) of any email message I try to read is incredibly annoying. As a result I have turned off the beta.

I want to be able to click on a message and just be able to read it on the right, which is what I am accustomed to - without all of the constant flashing of the message.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mr.philco@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am increasingly more frustrated with the IP tab email version. There is ridiculous lag and flashing and inefficiency and lack of stability. I purchased the 2016 stand-alone version, but I wouldn't even consider the 365 version. I tried it for a year, and ultimately it doesn't compare. I am sorry. I like Win products, and I will continue to prefer them. I am sure you'll get it right eventually. I am not sure I can wait!

Outlook is next to impossible to use, the emails don't want to open, the screen flashes, there are scripts indicating that Outlook is trying to connect to every function on the internet. It is impossible to read the attachments.

• dmagill9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new hotmail functionality is significantly reduced. In other words, it sucks! I never had a problem with the original version 20 years ago, but the upgrades have made the inbox and other boxes jumpy and they flash repeatedly and when you try to scroll it doesn't work. This is true on multiple different PCs and different PC types.

my screen is constantly refreshing and it takes forever to open emails. This is an awful change youve made. I hate it.

• Shanicwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It takes several minutes to check my email throughout the day because the screen is constantly flashing. Even trying to scroll down to see older emails is a huge inconvenience because it never scrolls down. The screen is constantly flashing and staying at the top. PLEASE go back to the old layout. It was much better and I did not have any issues with it.

• jonny mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version really sucks, I get page flicker, half the page disappears, it's clunky, slow and the changes are frankly pointless! Great work!

Ever since the new outlook was forced on me a couple of days ago, my email flashes off and on, refuses to scroll down to current emails and when it finally does get to the current emails it flashes back to my old pinned emails at the top of the page. I am not happy. Just changing options so that it "looks" like my old email will not fix the flashing in and out (going from my email page to a blank white page and back again). I had hoped that this would clear up after a few days but that has not been the case. Your attention to this would be greatly appreciated!

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same issues. Ever since you cannot switch back to the classic version, this happens. Any solution so far?

The new Outlook.com is constantly flashing. Also, the scroll bar keeps moving / dancing left and right several times per second. Please repair this nervous behavior of Outlook.

• Shelley S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a strong dislike for the new hotmail system. Everytime I go into hotmail the screen flashes for about 3 minutes, I can't drag a message into a new email box to save, the sort feature does not even work. I like my facebook folder to sort by the posters name and I can no longer do this. Please go back to the classic version. This one is not ready for use.

email starts to open, then stops, won;t open. Finally an email opens, flashes
    and a compose email is displayed.

• j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inbox keeps flahing blank then normal when scroll over. its making outlook unusable

• eshae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the screen doesn't keep still,the emails appear, then disappear, as flashes.

constantly reloading page, every time i delete an email the whole page refreshes and jumps about, im using Firefox is this the problem

• Aurélien Bigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything is continually moving and flashing on the screen as I move the mouse, it is so long and unreadable to look at my emails.

• Anais Arquette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I click a message to read, it starts to open it, then flashes, and takes me right back to square one where I have to click to enter it a SECOND time. This has been going on far too long now.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base