The search function has taken a step back. Yes it's nice that it's just a single search box, but, without the ability to filter, it's useless. This is bad enough that I'd forego the entire new design. Either allow other conditions in the search string, such as "folder:saved" or put the filters back on the navigation bar so that folder, dates, etc. can be used to filter search results.
If you use the new search function
you can select fields to search in
e.g. In folder: Inbox
But this selection is not saved permanently
Search is not powerful enough. It will show emails TO an email address, but not emails FROM that email address.
I would go a step further and say that the search function in the Beta version of calendar is hopelessly flawed. It can't seem to find entries that the previous version could.
search doesnt work. can''t delete a few items the whole folder deletes
Louise Whitaker commented
The search button doesn't work for anything other than finding people. How do you search for emails??
I used to search and sort my mail by checking my Map Post-In, but I can not search only my postmap in, get also all resulst from all of differend Maps in my account. First I did not noticed, now my In-Map is getting overflowed and I can not handle my own mailbox animore?!!! What is sorted , I can not leave those Maps to make a single Map search. Makes me desorientated and sad. I can not handle my own mail anymore. Shouls stop SPAM, comercial mailing and connecting social media to my mail, because serious mailing is getting unavailable because my mail Map-IN is getting overflowed !!!!
I want to search for e-mails from a single folder. While I can still do this, it means going to the other side of the screen for it. Why can't it be on the left of the screen where my mouse is already?
The search engine also doesn't work.
Thomas van den Brink commented
I have an important request as it would be a huge improvement and also some general ideas.
- I want to limit my search to the e-mails I gave priority!
This was a very very useful function in an earlier version!
Regarding the Outlook app (Windows 10 and Android), I miss several functions:
- My groups do not pop up when I type them in the �to� form (in contrast with the online version).
- I have no option to say �this is not spam� in the app version; every time I want to do this, I have to go to the online version.
Please improve the e-mail search function! Especially make sure that the program finds letter(combinations) that are somewhere in the address instead of only at the beginning/the name of the person/organisation as found in the address book. If I knew the address by heart I probably would not have to search it, sometimes your memory is fragmented and you only know pieces.
- It would be awesome if you would have a function/folder that would register wheatear a send e-mails received an answer. People are lazy when it comes to answering e-mails� At the moment I put myself into BCC just to keep track of my (many) not yet answered e-mails.
- A simple button to copy e-mail address (no right-mouse click, no multiple clicking).
- It would be awesome if you would add all e-mail addresses that are in my e-mail to my address book in an automatic way.
With kind regards,