OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Beta version is good but too slow. I don't like messages organized by month, it's difficult to diferentiate between new, flaged and old msgs

Beta version is good but too slow. I don't like messages organized by month, it's difficult to diferentiate between new, flaged and old msgs

403 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off I would like to thank everyone for providing all of this great feedback. We truly do read every piece of it and discuss how we can incorporate it into outlook.com

I did want to address the feedback about the date separators in the message list. There have been a variety of people wishing that they can disable these.

I am happy to say that we now support this!

To disable them, do these simple steps

1) Click on the Gear in the top right hand corner.
2) Disable the Group messages by Date

Once you have done that it will get rid of all of the date headers.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

David Los

128 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

program too slow, app wont close down, emails that have been read, still shows highlighted that it has not been read,, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC IN 2019

• Mukul Kewalramani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about the slowness? Just loading messages in the preview window takes many seconds as compared to the old one. Luckily I still have a link to the old one and can compare.

• marshagor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i just received an email from you about this. You advise us to click on the gear om the nupper right and disable the Group Messages by Date. If I click on the gear, the right side of the Quick settings "page" isn't visible, so I can't disable anything beginning with "Focused Inbox".

• Matteo Piano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring the old user interface back, this new one is slower, more difficult to use and less visually pleasing.

• Mona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Way too slow. Less flash and more function, please....

• becky m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook on PC is even slower than before, and it was already slow after the previous format change!
    Highlighting + selecting text within emails isn't working.

There's too much stuff to load on the page. When Outlook was kept simple (e.g. having multiple pages you could access by number at the bottom) it worked fine.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- EXTREMELY SLOW to sync email or does not sync at all
    - cannot set the email to be sent/received every 1-5 minutes. Waiting for 20-30 minutes for new emails to appear
    - no quick "Refresh" button in beta. And it does not seem to work in the old one either
    - emails put in folders don't show/sync on the gmail account (or maybe take forever - have been waiting for 5-6 hours now...)
    - need to be able to make the user interface more compact

• hoangduc007@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using outlook in Internet Explorer is slower than Chrome. The web browsers is automatically correct Vietnamese but it's wrong and could not type exactly words.

• brian scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since you upgraded? outlook mail when I click on a different folder from inbox IT IS SO BLOODY SLOW. microsoft up to their usual tricks as before, changing things & it slows everything down!!!!!!!!

• Steve Castle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook is MUCH slower that the previous version: slower to load, slower to send messages (it always takes 3 attempts to send any message). Also, the new design doesn't look finished - it's too open for my liking. And what is with that column on the left with calendar, people, attachments, etc? It takes up space and is useless as those shortcuts are all available at the top )(the grid next to Outlook).

• jeffseekings@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version is not very fast, my folders don't load and it takes several minutes for my junk folder to even load and show me 2 emails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve it and stop to change all time. Do it only one more efficence. I have all my documents here. I need response quickly. Thank you very much. Established its necessary for me.
    sorry if you don't understand me, because i speak bit in inglish . Thanks

• Sylvia Moreland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to make this new version process faster? It is so much slower than the old version, very disappointing.

• jonathan wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook beta is too laggy compare to the previous version even though I have upgrade my internet speed. It take too long to load the mail page and reaction seem slower compare to the older version.

• sam star commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why has loading slowed down so muc - to the point where this is unusable?
    Also where have all my emails gone from my inbox ???

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base