Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stone Free commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You no longer provide the ability to view messages by category and therefore my inbox gets overrun with rubbish and I can't zero in to the emails I want to see.

Its been months since you revamped outlook.com for about the 3rd time since you removed the perfect version, to a replacement like this that is a shadow of the best version you have produced. At least last time you resurrected the category views

• Fouad Hamade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not make sense to categories your E-Mails, and then your are unable to filter or create a rule based on your categories

• hello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't filter on categories, pointless
    can't remove automatically added holidays

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Outlook.com owa)
    Filter button includes the 'Sort by' menu with the following options:
    'Date/From/Size/Importance/Subject'
    NO 'Category' - Premium is no better this is also the same issue on Office 365 owa
    Come on Office guys please get your finger out! or do we have to wait until xxxx votes?

• User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alte Version hat mir 1000 mal besser gefallen! Und es ist zum kotzen, dass man sieht das man eine neue Email hat, aber um diese dann auch im EIngang zu sehen muss man erst einmal aktualisieren

• ItAintMe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've created many categories that were very useful for filtering to find emails quickly. That function is now gone. What is the point of having categories if you can't filter by them?

• wendy.ledger@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filtering options no longer work the way they did, will this change?
    It is making tracking of client's emails very tricky, I'm concerned that I will miss things and this could cause problems with my business.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very handy to be able to sort by category as you can in the business outlook app. That way I can keep track of items in my inbox much more clearly.

• Chris Finney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When applying a category to an email, we get quick access to 7 categories (or can use All Categories to view the full list).

This is handy, but it would be better if we could choose these 7 (by favuorites, sorting in Mangage Categories, etc), as opposed to just the last 7 created as per now.

• Carini Family commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the categories dropdown. I am forever having to select all categories as in my mail because it does not display the correct ones. Also please leave the window open at times the email has more than one category and I have to keep clicking category to open it and assign multiple times.

Thanks Microsoft Outlook

• Michael Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though I create a rule for mail to go to specific folder it does not go to that folder because it came from a different area of that company. It comes from the same company but a different department. It should go to the folder but because it was a different department not a different company it goes to the inbox.
    Amazon is the perfect example of this, one company a million departments so the way it is now you have to create a new rule for each department. At least give me the option to have all emails go to the same folder.

• Feras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important point to orgnize the work is the catgoriz, and man can not filter the emails by catogry..
    until you correct that point, unfortunatly 'Beta' is useless.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the filter option to filter my inbox by the emails assigned category. I want the option in filter and not have to scroll down or search for category I want. It should be easy to filter by category in the filter drop down menu.

• Trailblazer - commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot seem to find a way to filter categories?

I would like to to have a rule to mark all messages from a particular sender with a specific category.
    And then to create a rule to process that category in a particular way - such as move to a specific folder.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base