OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

settings

Most settings have disappeared from the "Full settings" section! Where have blocked senders, offline storage and sorting rules gone?

185 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emanuele Vicalvi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! Over the past few months, we’ve added many settings. We now support almost all of the same settings that we did in the old experience.

We’ve added support for blocked senders and rules, though we have ended offline support due to low usage.

71 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Simek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add offline support back. with the recent updates it is beter than the mail app and i would like to use it offline

• eze42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need to have the junk email settings in the beta version. when switching to beta it goes to directly to exclusive and most email goes to junk. need to have the same controls in beta.

• Marvin Moskwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Options are not viewable in Beta Settings. As an example cannot change Agenda Email without going back to non beta.

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my second try with the BETA, after giving up on it months ago. It is still missing many settings, like JUNK settings. I find I still have to use a link I found from my last BETA test, that gave me access to ALL the old Hotmail settings. Tolerable, but somewhat a PITA. It certainly appears MS designers are deliberately steering us to use certain settings, against our will.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 i have tried everything to get my full settings to no avail, bring them back MS

• Tim Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An email account linked to my hotmail stopped updating, recieved an email from Hotmail telling me how to fix it. NONE of the options or locations it talked about were right, the search boxes didnt help. Reverted back to normal hotmail for simple functionality and function. Would think newer version would have more features, not less.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the important settings are not available in the beta, even in "full settings", and I have to keep coming in and out of the beta to get to the settings I need. However, the actual email interface is much better in the beta version

• Jacqueline Bedder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe that there have been over 112 users (so far) who have been given the chance to comment as people do not always look for blog or ideas pages.
    It is about the small area on the right with the email text whilst the left is taken up with 'this month' and what there is on your emails to do.
    We have always managed with a smaller area called 'folders' and 'saved' etc.,
    My text has been compromised and seperated because of the smaller area
    on the right side of the screen which is akin to an attachment.
    I have always preferred (and use) 'outlook'/firefox and Bing. Please do not ruin it by making alterations that should be done only by personal preference.
    Also, could we PLEASE have a Bing or outlook 'Customer Services dept.,
    number? This is courtesy to customers who do not have time on their hands to be emailing ideas/feedback. Thank you.

• Linda Heitman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to set settings easier. Nothing seems to work anymore. I don't like focussed mail and other.

• Marian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. The icon or symbol for available, invisible, appear away, do not disturb is currently set to available as default. For privacy, that should not be the case. I would rather default it to invisible.

2. Also currently item 1 has a bug. After setting it to invisible, after a few minutes it just changes itself back to available.

3. Ability to send feedback to Microsoft for any outlook, Hotmail issues should be out right in front instead of being buried in I do not know where. It is superlatively frustrating not being able to seek help when there is a bug or issue.

• Marcos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Beta version, I can not find all the configuration options.
    Example:
    .general -> keyboard shortcuts -> manage add-ons -> offline settings

.Email -> accounts -> forwarding

and others

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted POP settings which weren't available in the Beta's settings panel

• EULISES MELO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE QUICK SETTINGS IS AWESOME but to improve on it add the most critical items in the list and show the FULL SETTINGS OPTION next to it in case we want more instead of navigating to the end of the list of quick settings. WHAT ARE CRITICAL ITEMS? block senders, safe senders, rules etc...

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont see an setting for mail forwarding. It should be under "messege handling"

• Rallicat . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a whole raft of settings under the old Outlook.com that I just can't find in the beta. Where do I configure rules? What about configuring Aliases? Where do I go to configure external mail services? It's all missing.

• Wei Qin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current setting is too simple to find some useful setting like blacklist and whitelist.

• kalimanborges@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't find my mail settings. I want to create redirecting rules, filters, etc. Choose from which address I want to send mail. I wasn't able to find those options.

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base