OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

pinned items up top

Currently all my pinned items appear first. This does not seem to happen in the new outlook.com email beta

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I just wanted to take a minute and respond and let you know that pinned items do in fact work in the new Outlook.com experience.

When pinning an item you will see it at the top of the view.

Hope this helps, if you have any other feedback, please feel free to keep it coming!

Thanks

David Los

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don and Tammy J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I "PIN" something it takes me to the top of the inbox. Clearly I want to look back at LATER, not now. Then I have to find my place in inbox AGAIN!

• eaglewings22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This nonsense just goes on & on & on.... now it's using the "quick link" to pin an email (the icons on an email line in the inbox, between the sender & the subject)... I click on the "pin" & it jumps me to the top of all the pinned emails at the top of my list of emails in the inbox!!?? So, EVERY TIME I pin an email, I am forced to scroll down through all the many pinned emails to find the BEGINNING of my current & previous UNPINNED emails!! Thanks for increasing my time spent TRYING to work with my emails...NOT!!!!!!!!!

• celestin1@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for all my pinned emails to be at the top again. I can't find them or find a setting/filter to find them. The help says to check the box on the bottom left. The only box is for tasks and that doesn't bring up pinned - only flagged. Frustrating

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is your IT dept going to FIX the outlook draft folder? I have items that are "PINNED" & "FLAGGED" & the DO NOT STAY AT THE TOP of my folder. This is VERY SAD your outlook/hotmail is NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

• purple.puddle@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have the opposite. I can't pin in outlook but I can in Beta. The only thing I like about Beta is the pin. With so many things that make Beta unusable I will have to forgo pinning and go back to Outlook. Sadly I will also loose all the emails received while in Beta. I will have to manually resend the important ones back to myself in Outlook.

• Matthew Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the beta the pinned items seem to have scurried away somewhere, and I have used this feature extensively.

Having said that, now that I have pinned quite a few emails (testament to my slow follow-up on them all TBH), in the old version, they DO take up too much space at the top of the screen and a collapse would be useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My pinned items take up my whole screen (I have I think 5 of them? Not too many), so that when I go to my inbox I have to scroll down to find new messages. I would prefer if each message did not take up so much vertical space, or if there was a way to collapse the pinned message section.

I have lost my pinned items. Where are they? The same problem with flagged items. Again - where are they??? Also don't like 'conversatios'. Can't delete part without losing all.

Yes I agree and cannot locate my important emails so having to revert to the old version

The new Outlook.com: Tasks

Feedback and Knowledge Base