OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Missing recover deleted items in beta

I would like it you put the feature back for recover deleted items. I now have to switch out of Beta twice to undelete a message that I deleted by accident

476 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Venus Blansett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for using the Outlook.com beta! We are happy to announce that the “Recover deleted items” feature has now been added.

To access it, please switch to your “Deleted items” folder, and then click “Recover items deleted from this folder” below the Deleted items folder header.

61 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • thierrym1972 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    I want the "Recover deleted items" option totally disabled. If I delete my messages permanently, it is with the intention to a) removing them PERMANENTLY and b) not have them fill space on servers on data centres which require a lot of energy to be cooled down. How do I do that? Thanks

• ACCLAIMSOM@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

where has my deleted message box gone in case i need to recover one of my deleted messages, i no longer have that option on this new format and it is very annoying. regards john

• Graham Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just joined Outlook and find that when I delete an email it cannot be seen anywhere. I look in my deleted email folder and it says "empty" although it also gives me the option to recover the emails that are there (it says that there are 6 available). This is ridiculous. I want to see the emails that are deleted which would allow me to fully delete any that I really do not want or may be select an individual one that I might want recovered.
    In summary - I cannot see my deleted emails although there are some there. If I want to recover any I have to recover them all (looking ahead, this could be thousands). Surely this is not right! Please someone from Admin comment and advise.

• Barry Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always wanted emails to be deleted permanently once the deleted items folder has been emptied. At least old version let you purge all deleted items which the beta doesn't you have to switch back to the old version.This is the reason i'm switching to my apple email. There I can delete and its gone! when I delete an email I DONT WANT IT STORED!

• Colin Noakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No link to "Recover deleted items" in the new Outlook.com beta.

This is a very useful feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will Outlook Beta get the facility to 'Recover deleted items' that was previously available?
    It could be there hidden somewhere but I haven't spotted it.

• Chantalrdj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This post was a life saver! I was able to retrieve hopefully all of what was deleted from my inbox on my phone.

It just would have been better if I could have sorted the deleted stuff by most recently deleted or at least by name, since I had just deleted over a years worth of emails!

• James Britter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta seems to be missing the 'Recover deleted items' feature. Is this on purpose or something thats just been overlooked?

• Doálvares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related to this request: please also add the ability to Purge deleted items once we are sure that we will no longer need them, as those "ghost items" are currently creating sync issues with contacts management.

• skykiur@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In deleted items there is no option to recover deleted items which is very useful sometimes.
    On other hand in focused inbox I don see all email messages

• rob_hoosier@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to "recover deleted items" feature that was available in old Outlook. Outlook beta version seems to be missing that feature.

• David Lowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to recover deleted items in the beta. Have to switch back to do it. Either that, or it's not super obvious how to do in the beta.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I no longer get emails and all of my saved have been deleted it all started when they added the Beta version and the Upgrade to the Premium button i will canceling my account and going elsewhere ..Ridiculous

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base