OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

The email keeps blinking on and off.

I like the new format but...can't tolerate the blinking.

61 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jmcd311 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ysleiman@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello if you are still facing this issue i think it is related to sorting the outlook folders. it worked for me. you go to Folder tab & click on Show all folders A to Z.

• Harry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My email has changed to lower case and now its bloinking on an off how can I reset this?

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reconfiguration of legacy email platforms under outlook has been a curse. Screen, inboxes etc relentlessly flickering and resetting......moving mails from inbox to folders takes forever....altogether, emails has become a nerve-wracking experience....

• Pierre Pharand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still working with my old x p computer however my emails keep on going disappearing and reappearing very frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a really bad delay on email messages when I scroll across then. It blinks sever times before getting context on the message. This latest version seemed to introduce this and it's super annoying. I use this email all of the time and would love it, if you could revert this feature back to the previous version.

• csrdltrre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to revert to the old version of outlook email. This version blinks and freezes after about three commands, it resets to the top randomly. the old version did not do that.

• wonderwall400 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no longer can read mail that flashes on and off constantly, totally unusable and no way to return to the old that worked good bye

• bertbruins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running
    Still running on Vista edition. Since you have introduced the new outlook/hotmail version this year, it turns out that my mailbox is unstable. It is blinking constantly and very slow responding. I am getting extremely annoyed by it. Is there anything to improve this other then running Windows 10?

• juliedsutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New version useless on a desktop. With the constantly flashing screen can't see anything, select anything, etc. I may have to switch to another provider.

Screen flashes, buttons don't work, emails won't open, emails that I haven't clicked on open by themselves, slow, very slow, the
    emails system is not working

• kfolkert11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blinking makes it almost impossible to delete multiple emails at once. I'll be getting rid of this account if it's not fixed before the end of the year.

WHY IS THIS SOFTWARE BLINKING OFF & ON LIKE A NEON SIGN & MAKING EMAILS INTO MOVING TARGETS?

Outlook flashes, changes view in the
    screen, buttons don't work, it is very difficult to use

make the list of e-mails stop blinking. i can't select an e-mail, cause they blink on and off. like playing whack-a-mole trying to catch my e-mails

THIS VERSION IS SO BUSY BODY IT DOESN'T WORK BLINKING OFF ALL THE TIME AND JUMPING BACK TO THE BEGGINING WHEN TRYING TO SCHROLL DOWN

• ldshock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since your latest changes to hotmail, the screen blinks and jumps endlessly, making it very difficult to manage or read emails. Assuming it has something to do with the number of ads that appear onscreen. Please fix. Considering giving up this email account if things don't improve.

• iyadanbar@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your new update is very very bad
    My emails keep blinking and hide every other second and I find that it's very difficult to get anything done this way !!

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base