OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

beta

I love Outlook.com but am disappointed in the handling of this beta as I was in the previous beta. Beta Test: "In software development, a beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out." (from Bing definitions). Yet, as I use Outlook.com beta and come here to provide feedback/vote on other feedback, I'm finding comments such as, "This functionality will be coming back to the beta in a future update."

Regular beta testers do not expect a regression from the current product when testing. Rather, they are presented changelogs, new features, updated UI, not faced with standard features missing, taking their time to provide feedback only to be told it will be coming back.

140 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Corrine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thanks for all of the great feedback on the new experience as we as how we ran the Beta. As you may know we have been reacting to the feedback and using it to prioritize the work that the team does.

One of the areas that we did for sure hear was you want more clarity on what changes we are making going forward. As we land the final changes, we are also introducing the Whats New Pane. This pane will be used to announce features and changes to the outlook.com experience.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback!

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel Bryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without opting in, I think I've somehow become an unpaid tester for Microsoft. This isn't the actual production version of outlook is it?

• ketp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate hate hate change and Beta is no different. Why does Hotmail have to change every couple of years?!?! I'd pay for an account if I knew it would stay the same until I die. I have clinically diagnosed mild OCD and **** like this - something I use every day, multiple times a day - gets my anxiety going. Please allow people to continue using the same version of Hotmail that they like - even if you have to charge them for it.

• Jean Gionet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if MS would provide a CHANGELOG for us to view whenever changes are made to OUTLOOK.COM or ONEDRIVE.COM
    I don't care if they'd use a version system so I at least we know "something" has changed! ;)

• Thozi Nomvete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a first user of Beta. To me, a newcomer, it just looks great. At the same time, I am NOT disputing your comments, because you have greater experience with the product. They say, ignorance is bliss.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This beta's a calamity. Unbelievable. Where did my email go??? "Try the new beta: you can always switch back." Except there's nothing that explains how to switch back. The last Hotmail makeover was bad enough; this one is disastrous.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base