OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Expand the 'move to' list of folders, and also add New Folder

Users need to have the ability to move emails to any folders, not just the few shown when you click on 'move to'. The current version of Outlook allows you to expand the folder list so users can find the folder they want to move emails to, but the beta version got rid of that function.

4,207 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update November 2017:

We recently updated the Move to dropdown (in the command bar) and the Move to context menu item to prioritize your most-recently used folders. We believe this is an improvement that you will prefer over the fixed alphabetized list.

To create a new folder, simply use the New folder item in the folder pane.

Please enjoy the rest of Outlook.com!

244 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not move emails to the trash. I just delete them using the button or "del" key. Many of us use the 'Move to' for the custom folders we have created. I do like the new search up there but please let us put the folders we want there and also, remove the ones we don't want.

• johnmnagy@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several email folders (Deals, Hold, etc.) and they used to be listed in the MOVE TO menu item. No longer. I found I can drag them to the folders that are still there, listed at the bottom left, but this is only obvious after you already know.

• BV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring an option to allow the most used folders to show up in there. My preference isn't the most used up top. Let that be an option for users to choose from.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

transfer emails to folders and transfers of subfolders to folders was much easier

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base