OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Please allow us to get rid of this 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for it and it just takes up space.

Allow us to remove the 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for this and never will. Please allow us to delete it.

698 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Curt Joseph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

236 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sidney Hepp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So glad to hear the Conversation History folder may be getting an enabled Delete at least, hopefully. The Favorites folder needs a working Delete feature as well.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Philip Loh, thank you, thank you, thank you for the incredible news about taking this request under consideration! I hope this highly anticipated change will come soon!

• Seriously commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand...
    Is it really that hard to include an option for us to HIDE or REMOVE a folder?

• Roger Coon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the space occupied by EXCHANGE CONVERSATION HISTORY folder. Please fix this.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to get rid of or hide folders deemed as irrelevant; Archive, Junk Email, Conversation History, RSS Subscriptions

They take up a lot of screen real estate and I'd be better served with folders that I know work for me.

You gave us the option with the Focused/Other inbox folders. Do the same with the folders I mentioned above.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of the conversation history folder!! I hate that there is a random folder. It annoys me every time I open my inbox! Its a pointless feature and something needs to be done ASAP

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just use MFCMAPI
    open the program
    goto session
    select logon
    select the correct outlook profile Click OK
    Right click on the mailbox name to work on and select open store
    Expand Root Container
    Expand top of information store
    Select the 'Conversation History' folder
    Right Click Select delete
    Check the box for Hard Delete
    Select OK
    It will remove it from the system

If you have skype for Business still installed it may come back

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just use MFCMAPI and delete it from the top level information store

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont understand why you still keep this folder there. Many of us is asking for an "option" that we could remove this from our personal mails. Adding an option to personalize our own mail shouldn't be this much problem. Please hear us out.

Yes, this is infuriating that we have no choice. Also give us the choice to remove the Archive folder and RSS Feeds along with it.

• Michael M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It takes up space for something I never use! P.S. I would also like the ability to delete the Archive Folder or at least re-name it!

DELETE THIS. It's absolutely infuriating that it exists alongside the folders I actually use and need!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base