OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

E-mail from trusted sender ends up in Junk

This has been an issue in the previous revamp too. Even after adding the e-mail address of my bank to the safe senders list, I receive my bank statements in the Junk folder. I have a rule to filter messages into a separate folder. The header of the messages still says "This message is from a trusted sender".

59 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ankit J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are e-mails that have been received for a long time, now going to Junk? Also I found e-mails from Inbox removed and put into Junk. This program is so awful.

• witkop525@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting loads of spam in my inbox and some important message end up in my spam folder. This should be the other way around. Is Microsoft aware of the spam filter being pretty much broken?

• racoon271 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't stop putting good mail into Junk, even when put it in my contacts. Continues to put Junk mail into my inbox.

• thrufaithalone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix your buttons. Your safe senders button doesn't work. I have good mail sent to the junk folder. The blocker doesn't work for bad mail.

payments through paypal are going into my junk email and no matter what settings i alter it makes no difference.

• Angel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My safe Emails that are IN MY Contacts list are constantly going to JUNK folder. I mark the emails as SAFE, yet they do not go directly to my Inbox.
    This is so frustrating because IMPORTANT emails, such as bills or work emails are sent to Junk. I have to go through 100s of junk emails daily to look for the important emails.
    HELP!!

Email addresses I've added to my safe senders list continue to go into my junk folder. I see that many people have this issue and a lot have switched to gmail, which I refuse to do. Please fix this issue as I am constantly responding to emails late because they are not being sent to my inbox. I respond to most emails from my phone, and since these emails are going into my junk folder, they are being sent to the hotmail.com email account set up in the HUB on my BlackBerry Z30. Spam emails don't get sent to the any email account in the HUB, and that's as it should be.

• Meilee Rafe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Emails from contacts have been ending up in Junk Mail - very, very, very annoying. How do you fix it?

• BarryKimKidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have done all these things your suggesting selecting "It's Not Junk" and the problem is still not solved as I keep having important messages from info@imkiddministries.com
    going to Junk. Please help me change this.

Why have some of my regular contacts suddenly started going into the Junk folder?

• Rita Maxson Blizzard Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting my credit card statements in my Junk Email and noted as "this is a trusted sender". You need to fix this...you could cause someone a serious financial problem by having this potentially miss an alert!
    When are you going to fix?

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some emails from sites like facebook and twitter are suddenly being sent in junk or deleted folder when they are supposed to not be. They are trusted sourced and i've already marked them as such. . .

Others outright suddenly stopped being sent into my inbox , and i'm lamenting about it now because I should be getting a email about a confirm code for one of the sites I need to use . . .

What should I do ?

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue I need a confirmation code from an email that's suddenly not being received now.

• Alan G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happening.

Really, the best option is to allow us to turn off the spam filter. Way to many false positives. And senders in safe senders list are going to spam way too frequently!

My junk folder is my second in box, and I move just about everything into my inbox as soon as it hits the junk folder. So another work around is to allow me to make a rule saying if it something goes to junk folder then move it to the in box.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base