OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where is the Reply, Reply All and Forward button????

399 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Biff Warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this just happened to me on the O36 client on my mac air. The send function even went from the client. click on HOME on the left top side and it all comes back.

• Flo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've solved this problem by pinning the ribbon. I went to View and at the bottom right of the window that appears there is a pin symbol. Clicking on the pin symbol kept the reply/reply all/forward menu.

• Stefan Nawab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fixed my problem. Sign out of outlook, refresh, and then sign back in. My reply menu reappeared

• Steve Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem as others. Please help!
    No icons at the top of the hotmail message...they just disappeared, 2 days ago.
    Honestly, I can not see any way to reply to an email.
    This is only on the website, not a problem on my Outlook All on my phone.
    I have been into the settings and set them to show these icons but no joy.
    My wife's hotmail is having the same issue.
    It's a serious problem...I read that many have the same issue.
    Please fix it now.
    Thank you

• Ana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have any buttons on my Outlook (no reply, forward, etc). This issues used to be resolvable by refreshing, but now they just all disappeared for good.

• Anonypoop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still not fixed. It happens in their latest version, Office 2019. Have to restart Outlook. odd glitch

• keesiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Cannot reply nor forward a message. The icons/menu items have disappeared!

• Andy Mackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem.....no icons and I have to go to the menu to reply and forward emails.

• Charlotte Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no menu in the upper right corner of an email and therefore no way to reply to an email.

please advise

• Ron Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem as everyone posted. Why? Did a programmer think they had a better wheel? Please return to the way it was a couple weeks ago.

• Gale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure what happend to my post, but as of a couple of days ago I no longer have a reply or forward icons. Was there a recent update? Need help with this, thanks!

• Gale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reply and forward features were working just fine until yesterday (December 6, 2018). Can't find the icons anywhere. Any suggestions?

• don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find any icons for reply .. maybe under the immovable adware on the right hand side?

• Marlene Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reply / reply-all / forward buttons have disappeared. I have exhausted exploring how to fix this and no luck. This is inconvenient and can you please assist ASAP. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought it was just me.....the "reply all" disappeared and it has gotten hard to figur eout how to "reply" etc......was there an update recently to cause this?

• Iftimescu Vlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to forward several e-mails, but there seem to be no buttons for this kind of action, only when opening the e-email. That is very unproductive.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base