OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Make it easier to make Safe Sender

In older versions of Hotmail, it was very easy to mark a sender in junk to be on the white list. Now it is extremely involved to mark a sender as safe. What little functionality there is for this just does 1 mail not the actual sender. Additionally, the fancy new addons with java script make it more difficult to get the email address of the sender you want to mark as safe making a messy workflow even more cumbersome. Outlook has some best filters of any email service but this functionality has gone from bad to worse over the years.

The old way was super easy you just click one button in the junk mail to "add sender to safe list". Not spend 10 minutes trying to scrape email address and jump deep into settings.

443 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris C shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • lukas.kerner@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option like "add to safe senders list" or "deliver to inbox from now on" to the "Not Junk" menu. Right now if you mark a message as "not junk" the next time it will be still delivered to Junk folder instead of Inbox. There should be an easy way how to prevent this. Thank you

• Bill Zimmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Should be super easy to add an email address to safe sender list - like with one click. Very tedious now. Listen up MS.

• JOMARCH24@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trying to add Broncos Wire to safe list/ I keep getting a prompt that says the address isn't formatted correctly. what is the way to correct this?

• Craig Bond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's almost 2019 FFS! Why are we still having this conversation? Microsoft, can you please finally fix this????

• Craig Bond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could be wrong, but I understand the only way to add people to your safe senders list is to add them to your contacts. Either way, why is there no obvious one-step option to permanently not having certain people's emails go to your Junk folder??? When I notice someone's email in my Junk folder that shouldn't be there, there should be a single button reading "Add to safe senders"... Why is this not implemented yet in 2018??? If you're intent on people building out their contacts lists for data purposes, why not have a pop-up screen when someone clicks Add to Safe Senders so they can fill out the contacts form?

• M AT MSN DOT COM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"...will be coming back in a future update."
    Well until then, I thank MS God I now have bright colored circles, emojis, and joyful animations.

• jmcdonnell2000@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering why i still have many emails that are marked "from a trusted sender" that ive marked safe many times STILL going into junk. ??????

• Mohandas Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello:. Some of my friends emails go into my Junk folder. When I move a message OUT of the JUNK folder and into my INBOX, the email address should automatically be added to my Safe Senders list so that future emails from that same address don't continue to go into the Junk folder. Right now, they do! You need to fix this NOW!

• anna.preiss@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have problems receiving email messages from some domains and these are not spam messages. These new security measures really annoy me. Even when I add the addresses to the "safe senders" list, the emails won't go through...

• jmlanson@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love my man nail and have it from day one when msn service was a paid service. I don’t want to give it up, but please, make it easy to call mail safe from the mobile app. I rarely use a desktop anymore, and this is truly frustrating!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gve up again. Have tried Outlook.com a couple of times but this junk/safe sender setup is the worst.
    Force back to Gmail as the alternate to my old mail.com.

• EULISES MELO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since I can't reply on uservoice I quote and answer Reid... I like your comment but I do send safe senders to the junk folder when I don't think there priority content but I do have some other tactics but for now we should have options like safesender or rules to allow those that deserve it in our inbox... I guess that's why those senders are send back to the junk folder :-))

Reid commented on Make it easier to make Safe Sender
    Once an email address is marked as safe sender, stop sending future emails from that email address to the junk folder. What is the point of safe sender if emails are still routed to the junk folder?

• Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once an email address is marked as safe sender, stop sending future emails from that email address to the junk folder. What is the point of safe sender if emails are still routed to the junk folder?

• Tom Cardello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new beta version makes using email more difficult. Why? Isn't the idea to make it easier? Not only is Microsoft making it more difficult to use, they've eliminated features that are absolutely key. I should be receiving notifications from my bank that my credit card payment is due; but, i suspect that the emails are being deleted but i can neither confirm or refute that because there's NO LONGER ACCESS TO ANY SAFE SENDER LIST or BLOCKED SENDER LIST. Microsoft, PLEASE, get with it!

• EULISES MELO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to know but Garry making it easier to make Safe Sender
    Will be really convenient .I have regularly Pop'd my emails so I have local copies. (jajaja Gary that's the safe way to go about it but I hate loosing them when I have a hardrive crash so I let the outlook people hold it for me; up to now is good.

Having to retrieve good emails (several of my regular bills always end up in Spam) from Spam is frustrating (it may be but the email administrators moderating incoming emails do it all the time; hum? they might know about that secret encounter you have with that mysterious friend. :-)

• Garry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add me to the list of voices clamoring for this feature. As I am often "offline", for years I have regularly Pop'd my emails so I have local copies. Having to retrieve good emails (several of my regular bills always end up in Spam) from Spam is frustrating.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base