OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where did my Add-Ins go?

Switched to the beta and my add-ins were gone. Didn't like that, so I switched back.

103 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new interface is great but add-ins are not present/available anymore in this new interface (but are present in iOS client or windows desktop outlook).

Do you plan to allow the use of add-ins again in the future ?

• BloodPriestess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought the beta Outlook was off too a great start but, this is also the reason I went back to the original version. I needed to save an email confirmation of a purchase I made to evernote and couldn't do that in beta mode.

• Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I perfer the Evernote integration. I was considering using outlook more, but now that Evernote is gone and there is no one click way to save messages to my Evernote, i'm not so interested.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need my add-ins and it would be amazing if they could stay pinned open. Will revert back.

• Robert King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta does not seem to allow add-ons, several of which I rely on. I hope these will be available after the beta phase. These are third-pary add-ons available through the Microsoft store, such as "Save to Evernote" option.

• Jeff Newfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Evernote integration (to save emails) all the time, and I would go back to the beta once it supports that the way the production release of Outlook.com does.

• Jim Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft needs to make coherent sense out of all possible approaches to Task Management and Planning. OTOH, MS offers Wunderlist, MS Todo, desktop and web-based Outlook Tasks. There is little or no coordination or sharing amongst these apps.

Then you have Outlook.com BETA, which is great as far as it goes, but unlike desktop Outlook 2016, what if you want to convert an e-mail or some textual part of it into a Task or a List item just to track?

And it would be even cooler if you could share such a created task item with whoever, maybe the person who sent you an e-mail about the task-related item in the first place, or maybe someone else entirely different but in your Outlook Contacts list, etc.

So I hope that MS gets its act in gear fast and straightens out the Wunderlist/MS ToDo mess, makes whatever general user tasking/listing app more functional (more like 2Day, ToodleDo, or, God Forbid!, desktop Outlook Tasks if needed for power users) and then offers a reasonable straightforward way to create powerful, useful but straightforward average user ToDo's from Outlook.com

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Bullhorn widget for work, but I don't see the ability to add it in the Beta version.

• DBT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable app functionality in messages, such as Tasks in a Box and Boomerang.

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base