OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Stop greying out the rest of the website until I click "not now" every time I log in or refresh the site.

I understand that this is necessary the first time to draw user's attention to the existence of the beta. Each subsequent time though it's just distracting as it takes a few seconds to realise why me e-mail "isn't working". Could it not be set to only do this once or twice per account?

34 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! It appears you ran into some issues with our “Try the beta” callout. You’re right, it’s not designed to show up every time you log in or refresh the site.

We found a code bug that only appeared after we expanded the beta participation ring. The fix will be live soon.

Update August 18: This has been fixed. Sorry for the annoyance! You should not see it every time you log in — we know better than that. ;)

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this says this problem is fixed - but I'm still getting try beta every time I sign in too! On top of that now when I signed in it has me signed into a version of Skype on my outlook - Now I have some conversation from someone unknown on the side of my outlook!! I will sign into Skype WHEN and IF I want too. Quit screwing up my email!!!!

• Chris Sinclair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is perfect the way it is now. No need to change, also quit trying to force the "beta" on me every single **** time I check my e-mail. I didn't want to check it out he first time. I don't want to check it out the 100th.

stop bugging me!!!!! this is a bunch of ******** that i don't need and it is very annoying and is hindering my experience. do not ever ask me or offer me new updates ever again!

What jerks you are, when I say not now, do not prompt me over and over and over and over again. I should file one of these each time you prompt me to try the beta. I do not keep outlook open on my work machine and I just need to quickly hop in and check email once in awhile. do you want to try the beta over and over is not appreciated.

• Lysander xX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Philip. I agree with this. I don't think Anonymous or I do anything specific to make this happen. For me, almost every time I manually go to "outlook.com" or refresh the page, I am asked. I wouldn't care nearly as much if it didn't grey out the entire website until I respond. This seems to be an issue on Chrome only (I've only gone to Outlook from Chrome and Firefox).

MAKE IT EASY TO READ AND DO NOT SUGGEST ME TO TEST THJE BETA VERSON EVERYUTIME I OPÅEN THE MAILBOX!!!!

I SAID NO AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I GOT THE CRAPY NEW LAYOUT!

• David S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Every time I loaded the page it would grey out and ask me to try the beta over and over. I like hotmail/outlook/whatever you want to call it because it doesn't change much. Just a list of emails and some folders to put them in.
    If you want to do updates, keep working on the smart filter to junk spam and scams. Phishing is at an all-time high. This is your time to shine.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no way to stop the callout from appearing, every single log-in or refresh it greys out the interface forcing us to click on not-now to resume activties.

There is no means to eliminate the pop up without trialling the beta - which I would rather not do at the moment.

Please make a method of silencing the callout available

• Claud Cutler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, you are TOO pushy.. try the beta, try the beta, HEY try the beta. HEY TRY THE BETA.. after we say NOT NOW for like the 10th time, STOP asking. Wait a day. It's like the Windows 10 push all over again. You are turning EVIL.

• lawlz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

quit having the "try beta" pop-up everytime I log in. I don't need the whole window going dark to see that ****.

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, dont also ask me for an email address when I come to leave feedback. That should be optional.

Stop forcing the notification on me! I even tried the beta, switched back, and immediately got a notification to try the beta again! I had to make an exception in my ad blocker to get it to stop.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the idea of being FORCED to "try" a beta. Every 5 minutes, I get a pop up asking me to try the beta. Not a good way to ask ppl to test a beta...

Forcing users to try beta to try to stop the relentless popup is annoying. I wish hotmail still allowed attachments of 5-6 photos fast and didn't automatically take us to cloud when attaching documennts

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base