to the old update

(BTW the only good thing is colours)

1,059 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hatin Technology shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

David Los

178 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • eyscottie@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Hate the Beta version...I hate that it has been pushed on us without an option to stay with the Classic version. Shame on you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to reply to messages using the icons. Can't get New message to come up. Can't attach files. Bring back the old version.

• Cathy W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the changes ... mostly because everything microsoft does is intrusive and changes MY set up

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the new version. Return to the old one. I don't understand why Microsoft needs to do these changes. They are ****!!!

Hate the new version. Return to the old one. I don't understand why Microsoft needs to do these changes. They are ****!!!

• Lorri F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!!!! Stop trying to improve my mailbox! I want the way it was beforehand. this is even more confusing that the last time changes were made.

• cc7200 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the beta version you forced me to switch to in outlook. I have to select each email I want to delete individually. This is a change, and now a huge time suck. Don't know if I will stay with hotmail if you are going to make my email experience more time consuming and frustrating than it already is.

• david commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new outlook at all, I never was ask or consulted in anyway about changing it, put it back the way it was.

• LINDA WOESTENDIEK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Won't go to next email even when I set it to do so. Absolutely HATE this new system - the last one was bad enough but I'd rather have it than this!

• geapapi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

beta has ruined my email page how can I get rid of it forever. I hate you have no right to mess with me like this. FIX IT NOW!!!!!!

• ryland_m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the new format, why meddle with things all the time if it's not a real improvement?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base