OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Quick Steps or Quick Actions

On outlook 2016 I have set up a quick action where I can create a calendar or task directly from an email, copying all the content of the email to the event/task details. Could this be implemented onto the site ?

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

freakypeach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dixonville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked to convert an email to an event in Outlook by dragging the message to the Calendar icon, but this is not in Outlook Live.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge oversite...There are huge sync complexities that many arent aware of. But this should have been the very first capable function for the Android Outlook App. The fact that I cant get a windows phone and forced to use garbage google tracking android is bad enough. Apple will eventually tank. Maybe by that time microsoft will reintroduce phones with all carriers?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that is available in GMail. Please add this functionality also to Outlook Online! You can work around this with Outlook with a Quick Action, but these are not available online. So adding quick actions to Outlook Online would work too!

• Jay D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add an option for creating a calendar event for an email? For instance, I just received an email to renew by license plated sticker by 11/30/2018. I need a reminder for this on my calendar.

• Mustafa Senusi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability for Outlook Calendar to add any event from any email address. For example if an email has a date, time, or place than it should automatically be added. I've been requesting this feature since the beginning of 2017. Please add this feature ASAP. With any airline or any email that has specific data that entails an event it should be automatically added to the calendar.
    Please and Thank you

• John Kraeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook.com Calendar should allow a user to create an event or meeting from an email that has been received. The event/meeting should have a Notes field that contains the body of the email.

• Ivo Rohrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news? I would like to move from gmail to outlook, but this feature is the reason to stay on gmail.

• Arockiadoss Santhappan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The built in options to create events from email are very limited - options include flight schedule, package delivery etc.

It would be great if the system could decipher dates and times from the email and prompt some sort of suggestion to create an appointment / event for that date with the email content as the notes.

This option could be included even when a new email is being composed and sent as an attachment (ical) to the same email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the old version I could add an email reminder to events. Although the minimum reminder before the event was 15 mins at least it worked.

With the beta calendar it wont let me add any email reminders at all and to make it worse I never got a normal 'reminder' either.

• nethphp@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of having two separate webapps and desktop/mobile apps for Calendar and Tasks, why not conflate the two and allow addition of tasks directly to the Calendar? It would make life of millions of users much simpler and implementation should not be too difficult to achieve. Even the My Day and/or various Task views could just be an alternative view embedded in the Calendar. Plus you can have preferences to start up either in Calendar view or Task view, which should resolve issues of people preferring one over the other.

• John Kraeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many emails are in essence, a request to meet, or a request that one does something, or something one would like to be reminded of. It would be great if there was a quick option to create a calendar item with the text of the email included.
    It can easily be done in Outlook 2016 by dragging an email to the calendar.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also do create TASK from email.

I have quick actions in Outlook 2016 for both create event and create task.

• Amir Natan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must be included. It's impossible to find tasks app which integrates with outlook emails to do the job. In the previous version you showed flagged and tasks in the same view but now you show only tasks

← Previous 1

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base