OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Please bring back Delete All to Other Inbox

It was easier to "Delete All" messages from "Other Inbox" in previous version. Now, select all has to be checked, delete has to be pressed, pop up asks if we're sure, then we can delete. Too many steps added.

536 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angry _Troll101 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for providing such great feedback. As well as thank you for using outlook.com.

I wanted to let you know that there is indeed an easy way to delete all items from the “Other” inbox. To do this, do the following

1) Click On the Other Inbox icon at the top of the message list.
2) Click the little circle that is to the left of Focused. This will select all items in Other.
3) Click Delete at the top or in the reading pane to the right.

Hope this helps!

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jessconley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was nice when we could just clear only the other box... why did it go back to say clear all inbox? I may only want to clear other and not focused. New set up kinda awful!!!!!

• Angry _Troll101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's not a single step solution, but thanks. Your groups 'solutions' to simple problems seem to be to add more steps. Same with what happened to "Sweep" and the emphasis on "Mark as Read" when it's completely redundant (If I'm deleting something, and I can see the title, I don't need to mark it as read).

Since this doesn't actually solve the problem, should I post another idea?

• ajackca53@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to delete the whole other inbox? A lot of my good emails go there and I have to repeatedly get them moved to the focus box. And the other box keeps getting viruses.

• Ben Winyard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful, on the Beta version, to retain the 'Delete all' option for your 'Other' Inbox.

• Charlotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Recieving soooo many "spam mails" i find it a huge step back, that it isnt possible to delete numerous mails at one time.. Pls add this function Again :-)

• Rony Carolus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The delete was my biggest concern. When I tried to delete an email my i
    entire inbox was asked to be deleted

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Edge and this issue is specific to the Junk Email folder (I haven't tried other folders). In the previous version, after looking at an email, clicking on the folder again would clear the reading pane and enable Delete All to be selected. In the beta version, I have to go to another folder then back into the Junk Email folder in order to clear the reading pane and enable Delete All to be selected.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to delete just the bottom half of a folder of emails. A date range deletion would be helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, for me this was the biggest thing. A delete all button that is simple to see and use, you can then de-select the ones you want to keep. Makes it so much easier and time saving.

• Marti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal breaker for me. I like a clean mail box. Too time consuming to open each email to delete. I delete most without looking at them, but glance at them. I loved being able to read the header and then mass delete just what was showing on the page and/or uncheck what emails I want to read later.

Improve the tool of selection of all the emails. When selecting all, I can not unmark one of the emails that I do not want to delete.

• H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managing total email count is huge for me, and It should be important to Outlook as it minimizes server storage space.

Please create better tools to manage and delete bulk emails!

Yes, "Delete All" was good, so please bring it back.

When you go to the other email tab its very useful to have the delete all option as most of the time this emails are newsletter and hat type of things.

I like to be able to delete all out of my deleted folder. That wasy if I mistakenly delete something I can recover a few items instead of a mega amount
    . I used to have that feature now it is gone.

• K.TaylorEdu@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There used to be an option to "delete all from". This was seriously a HUGE time saver and one of the features I loved most. Bring it back, please.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base