OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Still not opening PDF attached to emails.

The only way to see them is to download them to OneDrive's email attachment folder (direct download of attachment don't working either).

440 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • San commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not able to open any attached document from my mobile outlook app.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open another email account (e.g., gmail) and forward your message there. You should have no problems downloading it there. That's what I do.

Signed, hotmail.com user since 1999.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slow to open, and now I cannot log out of Outlook.com. I also had a problem trying to attach a PDF. Not impressed!

• Lana Oswald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clearing my cache and refreshing DOES NOT WORK! HELP! I need to be able to download dozens of attachments daily, and saving to OneDrive is a colossal waste of time!

I can't download pdf attachments in my hotmail emails today, however, I can open them in preview

• j_hie@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*Cannot view password-protected PDFs anymore in preview*

Some pdf attachments I receive are password protected. When i change to lower case when i'm typing in my password while previewing the pdf, the preview refreshes and essentially i can never complete my password therefore i can't view the pdf. I now have to download it every time.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I cannot open my attachments on my email I think I have my application deleted how do I fix this ?

I cannot view .pdf file attachments within Outlook. This has been the case since about May 2018.

Why can't we preview vs. download pdf in Outlook. Downloading is not
    necessary to most of the files I need to view. I have yet to see a proper response to this problem. This was never a issue before. Do I have to purchase something? Really, Microsoft.

• Galaxy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I had a similar problem where I would try to "preview" a pdf in my Outlook web app (not the desktop version) and the PDF would not show in the preview, I had to download it and open it separately. I finally found a solution, it was to do with my browser settings. I am using Firefox for my browser, so these are the steps for that browser, but if you're using a different browser try something similar.

1 - go to your browser and click on the Menu settings button

2 - go to Options

3 - in the General tab, scroll down till you see Applications

4 - when you see your PDF tool there (either Adobe or Nuance or similar), click on the drop-down arrow on the right-hand side of it, and select "Preview in Firefox"

5 - then close the browser down, and re-open it

6 - then try previewing a pdf in your Outlook web app and see if it works. For me, this fixed my problem.

7 - if it still doesn't work, try going in to your Outlook and looking through your settings there as well.

Good luck!

• MattyUr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still my pdf files are not available in preview mode. They work fine when I use older windows at work, and with WIn10home I see nothing but blank page. Nobody knows how to fix it?

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base