OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Hide or collapse flagged / pinned messages

Hi,

It could be nice to have the possibility to hide/unhide flagged (important) messages from the list. Like that it would be much easier to see the message you just received now.

Thank you

226 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nicolas Duclos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to thank everyone for using Outlook.com and for providing all of this great feedback!

We have been reviewing all of the varying feedback for pinned items. One of the things that we heard loud and clear was that you love Pinned Items, however lots of folks felt they were taking to much space up.

We are happy to say that we have adjsuted the UI to make them very clear that they are pinned as well as reduce the size that they take in your message list.

I hope that you enjoy these changes, and as always thanks for using Outlook and please keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Leek @ VisualMicro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

View/Filter: Allow Pinned items to be hidden. example: If we have 40 pinned we have to scroll past them all to see new messages in the inbox.

• anony.wsm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MULTI LOG INS AS PER MANY OF US HAVE WORK CONNECTED TO OUTLOOK ADDYS WE CANNOT ABANDON (THOUGH WOULD LOVE TO)).

, SEE GMAIL, WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO KEEP LOG OUT, LOG IN , LOG OUT..24/7 which amongst the other 1000 reasons is why I left my outlook and only log in if someone forgets Im on a gmail now.

I now don't TOUCH outlook beta email unless absolutely have no choice,.

backdrop themes are childish cartoony see gmail photos.
    v rarely you enter contact name properly if at all,
    flags and pins muck up space have to scroll SLOWLY to actual emails. your only solution of sorts is to not have a flags. SEE GMAIL , THEY FOLDER IT!!! mark with stars !
    BIG GAPS in emails, we prefer it squished up,.
    Photo of senders to us, unnecessary , and takes up space.
    its much slower than gmail
    blocking fails often,
    and more I simply cant recall coz its goten beyond a joke. hence why i left and went to gmail which is FABULOUS.

• eaglewings22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's taking WAY TOO LONG to fix these serious problems!!!!!!!!!
    Trying to scroll past all the pinned emails that are at the TOP of my inbox, NOT BY CHOICE, takes way too long to get to the actual "regular" emails in order to check my emails. The cursor is a bit faster (surprisingly) but it STILL CAMPS OUT at the bottom of the scroll bar (right side, vertical scroll bar) making it PAINSTAKINGLY SLOW, scrolling only a FEW LINES (emails) at a time. THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE, inefficient, unproductive, TIME WASTING etc.

• jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY WHY WHY does this horrific new version hop back to the TOP OF THE PAGE, EVERY time I look at an email??? I have several pinned items. Whenever I look at something, it hops to the top of the pinned items. A terrible WASTE OF TIME and effort, and extremely frustrating. The SETTINGS are set to 'staying where I am' in the queue, but THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. Awful and horrific.

• jonathan_harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With pinned posts at the top of your inbox when you scroll down to new emails and go to select one the page jumps back to the top where the pinned posts are making it impossible to read your new emails which is very very annoying.

• ANON. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleeeease move , :- FLAGGED AND PINNED to a hidden pane? another 'page'.section? ...I have LOADS, and it takes an absolute aaage to scroll down to my actual emails bit? (and then click off the preview of Other which I don't want..and then chuck the asdaEtc spam BACK into Other...every ruddy day I keep resetting it all. Unless it reverts back to the prior classic..I honestly won't bother with it any more than to highlight it's faults on here. ovs. for other member's sake. I've gone over to email for work/and personal now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anyway to install a button that I can click on and go directly to my NEW/OLD emails....where I can bi-pass all my "highlighted flagged emails" (so that I do not have to scroll down every time just to get to my new/old emails...it takes to ever. Thank you so much. My email is Cynthia.Wright@hotmail.com

Is there anyway to install a button that I can click on and go directly to my NEW/OLD emails....where I can bi-pass all my "highlighted flagged emails" (so that I do not have to scroll down every time just to get to my new/old emails...it takes to ever. Thank you so much. My email is Cynthia.Wright@hotmail.com

• Eden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

where did my flagged and pinned email go from my HOTMAIL Inbox page????? I wrote software in my early career. WHY IS THIS SUCH POOR QUALITY? WHERE ARE THE FLAGS AND PINS?

i think u can safely say its universally loathed..the new Outlook email layout my own view is the flagged /pinned emails are in the way, and its SO SODDING SLOW that it does my ruddy head in and so spaced out , harder to navigate, changes for changes sake basically. coz theyre bored and need to earn a salary somehow. . :

///though forum said otherwise, we still have this wildly spaced out Inbox, flagged and pinned at top taking up space and have to scroll down LOADS OF emails to even find the newest one in. was supposed to be fixed 12 sep, its now 20 sept. 2018, still cant hide flagged or pinned mails. v frustrating

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ps you notify us..:-

>>>We have been reviewing all of the varying feedback for pinned items. One of the things that we heard loud and clear was that you love Pinned Items, however lots of folks felt they were taking to much space up.

We are happy to say that we have adjsuted the UI to make them very clear that they are pinned as well as reduce the size that they take in your message list.<<<

but they're still at the main opening page..not reduced size either..not hidden behind, in a Pane, ...we don't want them on the frontage? the whole point is we need to flag and pin many..but don't want to have them cluttering up to much space (and to have to scroll down through). as at 20 sept, this still has'nt altered, yet said was done on 12 sept. ..Unless I am being impatient

= pls enable shoving the FLAGGED,PINS inbox to the 'behind' , in another pane. ive personally got loads, and i have to wade down loads every time just to read the last email. (yes i know i could tick unreads, but i hate them all jumbled up) and i like to see the prior ones as thats how the convo runs !!

Why force everyone to use a broken interface? Microsoft is hurting its brand here.

I just opened this new version of Outlook for the first time. I have about 30 items pinned at the top of my inbox.
    What I am experiencing, and I would definitely call it a MAJOR BUG, is that I can't look at my messages other than the pinned ones, because as soon as I mouse over the list of messages, the display jumps back to displaying the pinned messages at the top of the list.

I am using the latest version of Firefox.

Can't read my email, the Inbox scrolls down, but then jumps back up to the top over and over and over.....

!!!!

• jesusr_1990@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature to "hide" flagged messages on outlook.com like it used to in the past.\

I login and the first thing I see are my flagged messages and I have to scroll down to see the newer messages.

It would be a lot easier to simply login and see the new messages first hand and if I have the need to check a flagged email I can simply click somewhere to open those messages and check them out.

Thank you for your time

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base