OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I like the mode with the Reading Pane off

You turned it on for me... can you let me turn it off?

The Reading Pane takes up too much space on the right, and I want my previews to show up in an ordered way (right now it might be a little hard to tell which word belongs to which thing).

29,237 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! We’re glad to inform that you can turn the Reading Pane off yourself by taking these steps:

1. Go to Settings (you should see the Quick Settings in the side pane)
2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

If this is the mode you prefer, go right ahead and personalize your Outlook.com that way!

2107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your page is incredibly cluttered and it creates a page that is very hard to read and scan. Please keep it more simple. I don't mind options that I can add to make it more separated but please leave them as options not as the default settings.

• kytoh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. It's terrible, the characters in the opened email are for ants to read. And there seems to be no way to open the email in separate windows/full screen. I immediately switched back to old version because of this.

I hate it. Most of the comments are accurate. Also I would like to return to the classic but so far am not able to. Guess I will be using Google or yahoo instead of Hot Mail; although I have been using it for many many years.

I hate the ads too. It takes too long to check out an email you're looking for. I just want to get in sort my emails out, forward, save and reply and not spend time figuring out where to find them. One reason why I am not using hotmail as much.

• Godfrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full screen format very easy to read. Split screen tricky and irritatingly slower

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the split screen. Please keep it as an "Inbox Layout" option.

Tienes razón Stephen no mue gusta esta versión es muy incomoda ver la información más pequeña.
    Saludos

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the beta as it doesn't display the whole e-mail, and too large on the left side where it doen't need to so arranged.

• Nakul Mahimker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ageee - compose an email in on 15 inch laptop - how hard is it for your engineers to figure out that I don't want to type in a column that is 2 inches wide? and see all the titles of all emails on a much wider column to the left at the same time?

Can you stop wasting our time on this beta - please have a human in Microsoft test it before having the world test it.

Agreed! 1/3 of the screen is taken up by ads. I cannot read the email headers and cannot see the whole email, I have to scroll the right over and over again.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base