OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I like the mode with the Reading Pane off

You turned it on for me... can you let me turn it off?

The Reading Pane takes up too much space on the right, and I want my previews to show up in an ordered way (right now it might be a little hard to tell which word belongs to which thing).

29,237 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! We’re glad to inform that you can turn the Reading Pane off yourself by taking these steps:

1. Go to Settings (you should see the Quick Settings in the side pane)
2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

If this is the mode you prefer, go right ahead and personalize your Outlook.com that way!

2107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Harold Dellenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the sender info column to be much more narrow. I want to adjust it to be much smaller than now allowed in the beta or pre beta. I don't want to have to make my Edge window so wide just so I can read the actual email

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Old version is very slow and the Beta version show the message in very narrow pane

I can not read the mail at once. Have always go left and right and left and right. I see it not instantly it is really bad.
    I

• Susan Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the inbox looks too busy. I prefer my messages listed in a line across the page that I can quickly scan. Now you need to scroll more. I don't need to see big dots.

In the old version of outlook, you could make the inbox pane thinner, allowing the email to take up more room. If this isn't allowed the email won't be fully viewable on smaller screens

I prefer the original service form of hotmail.com, because this way, it is too difficult.

1 2 102 103 104 106 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base