OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

There needs to be an option to delete/clear search history!

There is no way to delete/clear search history in Outlook.com!!!!!! This is crazy! This is a basic necessity!

187 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Will R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the great feedback, and for using outlook.com! I just wanted to let you know that everyone should be able to clear their search history now.

To do this follow these steps

1) Click the Gear/Cog in the top right hand corner
2) Click Full Settings at the bottom of the Quick Setting Pane
3) Select General in the left
4) Select Export

From here you can delete your search history, export it if you want a copy, or request an export of your mailbox.

Hope this helps!

David Los

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selecting delete history does delete the automatic drop down suggestions shown when double clicking the search bar; however if you type the first letter of previous searches, they still come up as suggestions. These suggestions should also be removed, too.

• Ruediger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook.com Moderator (Customer Support Agent, Outlook.com)responded · May 25, 2018 - This is not working neither for the webview nor for the client. Still all old searches popup, when I start typing. So its not completed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, just updated to outlook 2016, everything else is nice, but this one thing makes it a nightmare compared to previous versions.
    I work with tickets that are all 8 digits long I know how a giant list of searches for these ticket numbers that constantly pop up over and over that have nothing to do with what I want to search and it COVERS my inbox. You have to constantly be clicking around outlook to search and remove the search history so that you can see the results.
    How is not an option to disable this function?????

• .. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to pause search history, it's distracting to receive irrelevant suggestions that happen to share letters with what I'm looking for; I search, set redirect rules and file, making this particularly pointless for me, but it's distracting even in general. I would like the option to stop recording search history and offering suggestions.

• Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clearing search history in the within the web-mail isn't working!

• Luolei Zhang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the delete histroy search in option, but no useful, the history search is still shown.

• antoniogalicia.s@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need your help to develop an option to erase search history that as user I make / Necesito su ayuda para desarrollar una opcion para borrar el historial de busqueda que como usuario hago.

Thank you / Gracias

• Bartosz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thank you - deleting "manual" searches works fine, but I am still left with list of recent recipients, which in a way causes same issues, i.e. shows history.

Any way we could delete/reset it as well?

• Xiao Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is there a way to delete the search history in the search box or completely disable this function? Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Old email addresses still appear as suggested emails in the drop down search field. These addresses can be really annoying especially when you have had no emails from them in for a long time and no longer have any emails from the particular email address. Currently there is no option to remove these

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base