OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

828 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marcia Kane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have chossen the Spam as the adds that take up half my screen as far as I am concerned is just that. I would like to read my emails and when adds are taking up a third of my screen it becomes a pain in the butt. I have had my email with you since for ever and dont want to go else where but may have to if this continues. If I cant read my messages what use is it to me.

• suzannah55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The large adverts in bright distracting colurs cover half the emails content - so its only possible to read a few lines at a time. The adverts take ages to load and the email cant be read for some time until the adverts load ITS AWFUL.
    When you try to vote in agreement tocomments- you want all new info inputted and more. why?

• luriezo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many adverts that it is mission imposible to write or read a mail....The advert box is as big as writing box!

• GVM. Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again greed have ruined what once was a well made, simple computer program. Luckily for Microsoft, there's a whole new generation of user who have no idea what uncomplicated (read uncommercialized) computer application looks like.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADs block emails. You have 5G of drive free takes up almost entire category section. Your email has become extremely difficult to use.

• victrionk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't read my e-mail because your adverts are covering the whole of the reading space which is small enough already

• kkr26061994@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current Ad Canvas is Taking More Space On the Side. Give Ad like Google. Then Only Peoples love to use outlook. This is looking like cheap UI.

I don't want to have to sign up for any 'upgraded' service - you know that that will cost money and that is ridiculous. All that Outlook are doing is ensuring that I will NEVER pay money for any service that its customers provide - ads blanking out my screen that make my life harder to live are nothing more than a deterrent. GET RID OF THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!

Having ads I can't hide in my inbox is extremely annoying and frustrating with the new chat set up. I keep accidentally clicking the ad when navigating chat. Also the brightness of them in dark mode is obnoxious, it'd be neat if the ads had a dark mode too (or at least dim the white a bit). Thanks!

• j_albrethsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adds take up too much Space and the scroll bar is sometimes lost behind adds. Seriously thinking about about changing to other service....

• bripollack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't like the new interface. The ad banner at the bottom is far too big.

• Krissy_K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a large ad on the right side, above my IM window. Now my IM window is super small because the ad takes up 3/4 of that side. How do I get rid of the ad?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base