OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Reading Pane on the Bottom

I'd like the reading pane on the bottom of the screen.

3,752 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

425 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how can you consider this "interesting" ? it's how it was before the beta.. put the option to have a bottom pane for e-mail content..

• Daniel Coates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Needs reading pane at the bottom. I've turned beta off. Why would you have it on the side, you can't see anything on smaller screens.

• Daniel Coates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Needs reading pane at the bottom. I've turned beta off. Why would you have it on the side, you can't see anything on smaller screens.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading pane too small. Also too small for writing messages. Prefer message list on top and scalable and reading pane on bottom.

• Hans Poleyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading pane is always on the right, I prefer to have in on the bottom. Mail automatically read when selected. I don't like that.

• S.Sh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my reading pane at the bottom of the screen!n The BETA offers me nothing significant. So I prefer the older version.

• Freda Noël commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to be able to select the view of my reading pane (at the bottom or on the right) and being able to adjust the height of the reading pane, depending on the message,

• Chuck Ogden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to keep the option to have the reading pane on the bottom with the message list above just like the previous version. The whole point of having app "Windows" is to be able to see other things on the desktop. Having the reading pane on the right side forces me to make the outlook window full-screen so the message pane isn't too narrow for comfort. I won't work this way. There are other mail tools.

Unbelievable that this isn't part of the initial design. This is one of the reasons why I won't even open the Win10 Mail app.

NOTE: The bottom pane should be adjustable, just like Outlook.

I like having the preview pane on the bottom. Why does it have to be on the right or not at all? I don't like it.

• David L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading pane on the bottom of the window, just like it is now - please!!!

• Jaco van As commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the settings gone to, setup of mail etc?? Also, why not add a option to move the reading pane to the bottom.

• santhosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading pane on the bottom will give the ability to read/view the information in complete sentence.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have had to switch back to the existing version. I hate having the reading pane on the right!!!

Reading pane needs to include the bottom view as well as the other options.

• Fabricio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very good to have the option to choose where the reading pane can be as the Outlook application. For the first use, I miss to read bellow the message.

• roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use 3 panes. With the viewing pane on the bottom. This is the most usable. Also have the program remember the bottom window line. Currently when you change to a different inbox the line defaults to the middle.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base