OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Reading Pane on the Bottom

I'd like the reading pane on the bottom of the screen.

3,752 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

425 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg Whiteley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest 2019 beta ("try the new outlook") removes the "show reading pane at bottom" option again (like the last beta did).

This is critical for users that use webmail in portrait orientation.

Please reinstate it before moving out of beta, and please don't remove if again on the next future refresh.

Thanks.

• ssorgent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Message does not appear at the bottom of the pane as I indicated in Settings.

• catonyx@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to get the preview pane on the bottom. Check option and it looks like I have the right setting but it is not happening.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not restrict the Reading Pane to the right side of the window. Allow it to be on the bottom of the screen.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the old version where the preview pane could be at the bottom. Now the preview pane is either on the right or tuned off completely. I would use the new Outlook if the preview pane could be moved to the bottom.

• James Joyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the reading pane on the right... I can't find out how to snap out an email..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seeing the fix for the reading pane on the bottom; are you trying the beta version? i

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This HAS NOT been "completed" as the 11/1 Update indicates; in settings, the only options for reading pane are "Reading pane at right" and "No reading pane".

• Adrian Mercieca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the reading pane be below the emails in Outlook Office 365?
    It appears that there is only an option for the pane to be to the right of the emails now?

• Dawn Vought commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't see much of anything in the preview screen. How do you choose to have the preview screen on the bottom of the Inbox pane, like it's been for years now? It looks like the choice is only to preview on the right side of the Inbox list. I see only about an inch of the right side of the email that I choose, so basically nothing and that function becomes useless.

Please include an option to put the reading pane on the bottom of the Inbox.

• Lyndsey Hall-Patch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had another look at the beta and I still only have right or off, no option to have a reading pane at the bottom. Going back to the old version

• Adam Japhet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same with me, it got spam trapped, and I'm not seeing it, but I do appreciate you fixing this

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base