OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

The multi-select feature does NOT work correctly on the new Beta Outlook.com

Although you can select ALL using the checkbox icon at the top of the email list, you can't UNSELECT (or DESELECT) individual emails. I tried clicking individual email checkboxes (results in all emails unselected) and I tried ctrl+clicking the email (same result). This is a major fail.

1,619 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Wade shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Switching from logos to selection needs work. Im fine with the company icons/logos but once i make a selection and begin clicking others for moving/deleting etc... please disable the ability to go into a single email or at least remember what i had selected when i hit back.

• Tahir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still not working for me , if emails are less then 100 then it works above 100 does not work.

• biggaboss@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not completed at the time, still doesnt work for me. Also select all .... selects all the messages in my inbox, not only the ones visible. If I select all and delete it deletes my whole inbox.

same reason i dont like the beta either.
    The first few minutes of use seemed good. I was organising my emails better, putting them in folders etc.... But not being able to deselect certain emails when trying to delete all is weird. Its a pretty obvious need. Thought it wouldnt be something "needing to be worked on".... that response by admin is odd to me. My boss who loves computers, can make computers do things in split seconds.... write code in seconds and boom the jobs done.... odd...

• James Haycox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest fail that I've noted. In previous versions I liked to hit the global select button at top; quickly scan the email headings below it and deselect those I want to keep; then hit delete. It was much quicker to check emails. I don't seem to be able to do that in this Beta.

Also, in a previous version, I could choose the number of emails per page, (20x, 50x, 100x, 200x, etc). Now I can only view about 20 at most.

• Vincent Courtois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bonjour depuis que j'ai pris outlook beta je ne sais plus ouvrir mes mail c'est tout blanc que je dois faire pour résoudre ce problème expliquer moi toute la procédure a faire pour rétablir et voir mes mails

• Tim Noonan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not surprised, message selection with the keyboard seems to be broken every other release of Hotmail. Why should this release be any different.

• Melissa Hind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the biggest issue I noticed since I use it all the time. Had to switch back to the old version because I couldn't select all, then unselect the emails that I wanted to keep before deleting all of the emails that were selected. Also why do the checkboxes have to be SOOO small? :(

I have another issue, everyday I check some mail to move or delete, the checkbox are too small, sometime I hit it out, then I must re-check it so carefully, it watse my time. Now I have to use Ctrl+Clicking when multi-select mails.

This is the biggest error in my opinon. The last fix was great. Select all only selected what was visible on the screen not everything in the category. Please change this.

Not impressed with the reading pane. You can't view all of the email width with normal settings.
    Why change something that was working OK already. You are making things more difficult to use not easier

• Neville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to be able to delete selected multiple messages - just switched off beta until this can be fixed.

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base