2,327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mhd.wi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We’ve now made it possible to block users in non-junk folders.

Select one or more emails and click the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

Note: To block users in the Junk email folder, select the “Not junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2,300 votes for this post, but Microsoft does not care at all. As reported by some users, the "block" button is now completely gone from the menu line in the junk folder, so one cannot even block emails from the mailbox any longer... This has to be fixed please.

• Misha Lauridsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening each junk mail to be able to block the unwanted sender, takes much too much time. Please bring back the BLOCK button in the Beta-version of Hotmail. Or let us get back the classic hotmail! Thank you.

• barbara schulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to block really bad spam and I now have a message that says "You cannot perform this action on your mailbox. What gives outlook? Fix this!

• sambasset@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that the "block" button is gone from the menu line. Do I have to add each address separately now, as opposed to selecting a list from my junk file and blocking them all?

Hope not!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of today, I cannot block ANY email from my Junk folder ("You cannot perform this action on your mailbox"). This could be a deal-breaker Microsoft. Do you really want to drive users to Gmail that badly?

• Tom Carnevale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why cant i block junk mail anymore? it keeps saying i cant preform this action in this folder

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can I not block junk emails in Beta mode, but I can block the same emails in non-beta mode? I received the message "Cannot perform this action on this mailbox".

• gdianeolson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

junk folder is now near unusable, had to delete over 1000 items.
    no way to opt out or unsubscribe from senders
    blocking does not seem to work for individual senders, I may not be doing it correctly
    all I can do is try to scan for valid senders and move before deleting the entire junk file, if I do not go one line for a week or so, it takes several hours to sort the junk for valid senders and delete
    When the count gets to over a thousand I do not have much choice

• Damien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gmail seems be free of many junk mail
    I am slowly changing to it one by one email contact

• rice_noodle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting a "Cannot perform this action on this mailbox" when I select all the messages in my Junk Email folder and try to block them in beta. Is there a fix for this or will there be because I do like the layout of the beta version much better than the non-beta.

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base