2,327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mhd.wi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We’ve now made it possible to block users in non-junk folders.

Select one or more emails and click the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

Note: To block users in the Junk email folder, select the “Not junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open the message in junk (without clicking on any links contained within message of course) and to the top right of the message you'll see a downward arrow (more actions) scroll down the list of options and you'll see "Block....." - BINGO!!

• Wayne Padgett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blocked email feature did not work anyway. I have blocked hundreds of emails and gone to the trouble of using the blocked domain list. A lot of work coping and pasting all the bad domain names. Some very long None of it works. I get hundreds of junk emails a day. At this point outlook.com is almost worthless.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My blocked feature on junk folder has gone. It was always there until today. How do I get it back?

• Salmankhan_kool@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with "Maria Zablockyj"
    It just doesn't give the Option/Tab of blocking the Junk Emails anymore, which is very unhelpful and kind of unfair. Kindly DON'T adopt and bring in new settings EVERY now and then as people/users get tired of this non-sense and ultimately stop using the Service. Make it user-friendly or else retrieve to the previous Settings.

Thanks & Regards

• Mike PRIORLIFER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly believe that if you make just two simple changes, it will make almost everyone happy:

1) Allow us to block based on character strings in the sender's name, not just address

2) Make the block work automatically on ALL folders (or allow us this option). In other words, if selected, the blocked email should never reach any folder.

I'm a programmer myself. I know that can't be too difficult. Perhaps all incoming mail could go to a temporary folder, and then all rules are applied to the temp folder??? Blocked email would remain in the temp folder and the temp folder could be deleted after all rules have been applied (just an idea).

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep up with these bad changes and everyone is going to quit using your service. Just plain stupid. Set up something that we can use to permanently block spam/junk/offshore **** mail...or lose us!!!!

• Maria Zablockyj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new arrangement and find that I am unable to block unwanted mail which goes to my junk file, Sometimes the block tab is there then other times it is not, what is going on, also when I have been able to block it tells me I cannot block as it was from myself, ???? please keep it simple as a silver surfer it becomes confusing at times.

Why is it that adding a blocked address makes no difference to whether you receive emails from the blocked sender. They still get through to the Junk mail. Especially bad when most are from **** sites???

I have recently been receiving a LOT of **** e-mail and when I try to block them the message says I cannot block messages from my e-mail address. The ones I can block don't stay blocked. It is disgusting what the subject contents are I can't imagine what the contents are and don't want to. Please do something to stop this type of mail.

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its on purpose this feature not working,,,forget behaviour,,, JUst like a Government mail delivery service, once informed junk mail not wanted,,,delivery service is obligated to follow through...If the service does not respond in your request, it can continue to get paid delivering junk....

• Richard Mcgrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on you guys what's this- Cannot perform this action on your mail box- what's the point of having a block option if it won't yet you use it? Please fix it!

• deborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new Hotmail floormat is terrible - option is also gone so they think we have to put up with it. About ready to go elsewhere.

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base