2,327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mhd.wi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We’ve now made it possible to block users in non-junk folders.

Select one or more emails and click the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

Note: To block users in the Junk email folder, select the “Not junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anna Niehus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return the Block Button for Junk mail ...
    I have been dragging unsolicited rubbish mail into a Block folder in the hope that you would deal with them from there, but nothing seems to have happened. Last thing I want is to be open to spammers and worse - as it is, I receive dozens of these emails weekly!

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING BACK THE BLOCK OPTION IMMEDIATELY PLEASE! Outrageous choice to remove it, I use it every day.

• Misha Lauridsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We receive way too much junk mail.
    If you can't handle this better, please give us back the block option for multiple junk mails. Thank you.

• hwmunozsr@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where's my block button feature in my junk mail section. Are you guys insane...I use this button "everytime" I check my junk mail. Who do you guys have working up there in Hotmail? You create something useful one day, get everyone exited and used to function, then "TAKE IT AWAY". GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, what everyone is saying is that the block feature has been deleted. Are you TRYING to lose customers?

PUT IT BACK.

• Jaxon Atwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The block feature was what made me choose Outlook as my main email account. Now it's no different than my Gmail or Yahoo. I'd hate to have to relegate this account to another junk account. BRING BACK THE BLOCK FEATURE!

• Garry Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook has removed my block function I cannot understand why such a useful feature has been removed, I am however in the process of looking for another program to open my mail with a block function, please reinstate this function or you will find others leaving in droves or possibly that is what you want

PLEASE Restore the Block function ! Does me zero good to just "delete". Why do you all keep screwing around with client wanted features !PS: I pay for my Outlook as a Premier customer. TxMary

My block option has disappeared! It was there 2 days ago and now gone! What's the go Outlook?

• Chuck Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a "Block" button to block senders in my Junk Mail Folder. Now it's gone. I'm using Outlook on a Windows 10 machine. Thanks.

• Jill Rosenlund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, no I just want to be able to continue to block junk mails from my junk folder. Suddenly the button is missing.

• Sally Sprague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My blocked feature on junk folder has gone. It was always there until today. How do I get it back?

Mark the unwanted emails in the junk folder and right click over them. The block option will appear in the drop-down menu.

• marc reay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today the block icon from the Junk page has gone, so now the unwanted spam mail just keeps building up?

Many thanks Outlook not a great move for users. I'm sure people will change accounts

I cannot find block option on my junk email!! It was there and now it is not!!

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base