2,327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mhd.wi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We’ve now made it possible to block users in non-junk folders.

Select one or more emails and click the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

Note: To block users in the Junk email folder, select the “Not junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • slsteiert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you look into my blocked email, you will see I have hundreds of emails from people who use Yahoo. This takes up my time every single day to do this. One can determine these emails are foreign due to their English. I think it is terrible that Microsoft cannot stop these crooks from annoying their customers every single day. Recently, in the last week the people who have sent an email every day, have stopped. Don't know why unless it is due to me now blocking all the email addresses listed within the email sent., but I hope they never email me again. Why don't you fix it so that your customers who wish to never receive an email from anyone with a yahoo email address (or any other) can set it up to never receive those emails. You would do a great service to all of us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want an option to block an entire domain name not just a single spam sender or be able to delete everything say from "viagara" or 'Canadian pharmacy"

Restore option to check do a massive block of all junk with one click, selecting all of the junk at once.

No way on new system to BLOCK **** messages or report phishing scams. Hey, help us out with the filth on e-mail.

And don't send emails to the deleted box when we delete or empty the spam or junk folder! I hate having to delete these messages twice!!! Also automatically permanently delete all messages in which they spoof by using our address as the sender address. I know some people myself included sometimes purposely send a message to ourselves for a number of reasons, but by having a check on your side that blocks these if the name doesn't match our name should be rather easy for you to do.

• Richard Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe they forgot the block and report phishing options. Not that I think Microsoft actually does anything when I report phishing attempts. Perhaps it's a placebo effect but it makes me feel better to banish them as spam and phishing.

• Marty Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If blocking of individual junk mail senders is no longer permitted, these scams will be repeated. And we need to be able to block whole (foreign country) domains.

block items from the email source, especially when it shows numbers and not just an actual email address that you have never received or sent to before

• Blue Kodak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can I no longer BLOCK junk mail? I want to be able to block junk mail, not simply delete it.

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base