2,327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mhd.wi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We’ve now made it possible to block users in non-junk folders.

Select one or more emails and click the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

Note: To block users in the Junk email folder, select the “Not junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CARL MARSDEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are outlook or Microsoft blocking these emails?

well here you go here was one I was sent today clearly stating it was microsoft

Romance-Tale.com <house1@free.net>
    Sat 12/01/2019, 20:58

microsoft™ Support: Contact Support

Like Twitter Instagram YouTube

• Susan Kozlowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the 'Block' button back where it was! I do not want to have to select 'Junk' and then the 'Block' option! 2 steps is not acceptable!

• Misha Lauridsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something went wrong again - WHY can this problem not really be fixed? Today 23 of 'good mails', never blocked ones, were in the junk folder mail. And the 'junk' bottom was not available any longer.
    Is it really so difficult? Why can g-mail and yahoo do th job but bot MS?

• John Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply selecting "Block" from the choices doesn't* block Anyone. Putting their addresses in the Blocked Senders list Doesn't stop them, writing rules doesn't either. Unfortunately, I have Not* found a way to truly Stop a sender, like we Used to be able to. Even writing a rule in the Firewall to block a specific ISP or range of ISP's hasn't stopped* them from getting TO my email folders I don't want to SEE them in Any folder, ie; BLOCKED).

• John Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did figure this out, but THANK YOU... Sincerely!! Now*, if you could get the Inbox RULES to work so we could STOP/Block senders from addresses like *@dietingnews.com or *@dietingnew.com and Many others that have found ways thru the Microsoft "Protected Servers", or ways to Block ISP's that consistently send fraud, spam, scam, Spoofed email* (etc) That* would be Fantastic*!!
    But truly, Thanks for This*... it IS a step forward..!

• NoteTech. International commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good idea.

Unfortunately you have violated my constitutional right of "freedom of choice" when you switched us all to the beta version of outlook without our permission and giving us now way to opt-out of the beta. It's a horrible, user unfriendly with tons of glitches system. Please reply with instructions of how to turn off the beta version in my email in-box. Thank you.

• Misha Lauridsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally, this is fantastic. Manually blocking dozens of junk-mails per day was really time consuming.
    Only wish that blocked e-mails wouldn't show up a few days later again.
    (Yahoo has a much better junk mail blocker.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is just plain BS.
    Outlook has supposed filters but THEY DO NOT WORK.
    You might be able to block a specific spammer but then it'll arrive the next day with a minor name modification...and so it keeps going on forever.
    The other issue is Outlook has claimed filters where you can enter a part of the sender's name and it will be blocked. THAT DOES NOT WORK. As if this is not understood either.
    I recently had a spammer who address ended with .racing. I blocked email with both 'racing' and '.racing' in them. They kept coming.
    And then there is the endless *********** which Microsoft allows its subsidiary to send. I never open any of it but unable to stop the filth from coming despite having taken this up with Outlook staff on several occasions.

In the end I realised that Microsoft must be selling advertising and is willing to spam its users with filth and other painful spam. I NEVER HAVE ANY SUCH ISSUE WITH MY GMAIL ACCOUNT and perhaps users should consider not using the Outlook nightmare until this is fixed.

• Randy L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be fine except the blocked e-mail address would be my own. It appears that spoofing my address has occurred. So I would just be blocking my own e-mail. It appears to be addressed by me & sent to me. I have done all the other procedures called for except change my e-mail address and I do not want to do that.

• kentlrda@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the life of me, I cannot fine the 'Junk' dropdown in the top menu bar; nor can it be added to the top menu bar. Am I blind, or am I right?

• Mia Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will quite hotmail if the block-button does not come back. It was not a good move to remove it. My junk has increased like crazy!!!!

• s dEER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where's the frippen BLOCK button???? I used to just be able to push BLOCK in my junk folder and all junk emails are blocked? Now I have to put in emails one by one into the blocked sender list. YOU GUYS STINK!!!!!! . . . why don't you fix things that are broke instead of BREAKING THINGS THAT WORK??

I useed to be able to simply block on the old format using the block section at top.... for some reason that no longer exists

• Ian Barlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please listen to the people, like me who use Outlook, not having the block sender option in the main folder really is a pain. Not got the time to manually block every individual email, so just deleting them which makes no odds as every time you go into the junk folder the list gets bigger. You don't mess with things that work, you work on the things to improve the customers use, this is one big mistake.

• Sally Maxwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Block sender is a pain to get to, needs to be on main page. There is far too much **** getting through. Need to see 'block sender' immediately, not search for the option. I hate it when you 'improve' something and the newer version just sucks. This one is dreadful

• Patti Larson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Block" Option is no longer available in the "Junk Mail" top bar. You actually want me to type in the address? This is insane. It was so much easier just to click on the unwanted e-mail and hit block. Please respond as to why this quick option does not exist anymore.

Agreed. Please bring back the 'Block; facility. I use it daily as several appear in my Junk folder each morning..

I don't think it makes sense to remove the block feature in the spam folder. I don't want the folder clogged up with hundreds of phishing and spam emails because I can't stop them from coming back. There are genuine emails that sometimes go to spam, I don't want to wade through pages of spam. It was so quick and easy before, as you can see many people agree and would like this feature to be returned.

• Len Fowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot see any logical reason to remove the "block" option from the junk folder. (I can select "block" but a message appears saying that this option is unavailable.) Even more puzzling - must be a company run by academics !

Does your company receive remuneration for this ? It wouldn't surprise me !!!

Return it forthwith.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base