OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

If folder is marked as favorite, don't show it second time under favorites

As title says, don't show folder two times (in favorites section at the top and below) if it's marked as favorite

122 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michał Jakubowski (revanmj) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ceecoco@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure how I feel about Beta other than this feature. If there is a favorite folder, there is no need to duplicate those folders again.

• ceecoco@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure how I feel about Beta other than this feature. If there is a favorite folder, there is no need to duplicate those folders again.

• Daniel Timms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I like the new interface :) But this is one of the things that stood out as being stupid. Unless I have 20 custom folders the Favourites section is redundant and a waste of space and reduces my illusion of control. Nice idea, but definitely something that should be off by default.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully support those who do not like thebfavourites folder. At the very least, give us an option to turn it off or hide it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the Favorites section dropdown pinned to the top. It is redundant and lists the same folders just below it. Is there an option to hide this section/turn it off?

• David De Ryckere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"favorites" is redundant, its email, not social media, all you did was make it so there are two Inboxes for no reason.

• steeba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...just show Folders & lose the Favorites option...like added 'bloatware' on a s/phone...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure where this falls but it used to be when you flagged an email to keep it went to the top, now it just flags and stays in the same space. Then when you try to delete several emails at once, if you have a flagged email you have to remove it to be deleted. It was much better having flagged emails separated.

• carole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

last i recall, outlook looked & worked perfectly in 2004. i don't know why you keep changing it. this is asinine. i can't believe i pay for this.

• Douglas Leite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For people who do not have many folders on their email, it feels strange to have the duplicated folder on Favorites and Folders.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base