OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Allow Block Senders to block Top Level Domains

I am pretty sure I will NEVER need to get email from the top level domains .ru or .xyz. These messages are ALWAYS spam. just let us block these top level domains.

1,033 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! We’re glad to inform that you can now block top-level domains in Outlook.

Go to:
1) Settings (gear icon in top right)
2) Click “View full settings”
3) Click “Junk email”
4) Scroll to “Blocked domains” section
5) Type in a domain name you want to block (For example, if I want to block all emails from @blockeddomain.com, enter “blockeddomain.com”
6) Click “Add”

72 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Linda Ryder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not what he asked for. He wants to block everything from a TOP level domain. Me too

For instance if you get tons from newletter@ford.us they want to block everything from ".us". The TOP LEVEL DOMAIN.

• snippea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a way to block specific top level domains. For example, if I set up a rule to block the TLD 'xyz' then anything coming from any email address ending in .xyz gets filtered.

• sundstrompatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fedex, so - here we go again - topdomain - how do microsoft relate to block TOPDOMAIN?, theres an issue to resolve for microsoft. always a securityrisk - even if there is in a spamfolder - to by mistake click on it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the freaking millionth time, PLEASE give us the Advanced Users, the option to block spammers and scammers using regx or pattern matching, such as *.xyz to block an entire domain or @domain.* or @*.* and if the latter blocks all emails, so be it, most of us can figure out that we shot ourselves in the foot!

• Peter Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to block .host, .info, .ru etc as spammers have a lovely way getting around the second leve as "Olivia is Annoyed" eloquently put.

Sort it!
    Peter

P.S. Have you done it yet?
    ;-)

• Olivia is Annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear outlook admin,
    you totally didn't address the concern in this question at all.

I want to be able to block all emails coming from a .club .xyz or .ru email address. Spambots commonly change from: 534654ghchaygnv234.xyz to 4ag86hliaue7onmvboa.xyz for the same spam message.

Allow me to block them all, please.

• periclescc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

keepmyfit continues to make you look like an idiot. Five more messages from them overnight.

I want to block everything from .xyz ...it seems there is no option other than to change email providers

Is Microsoft incapable of building a rule for this? I'm shocked at all the comments that seem to support "incapable".Maybe Microsoft needs to pay some of the people from .xyz to come work for them?!?!

• Joe Breunig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I would like to suggest the possibility of entirely blocking a domain so that it does not even show up in the Junk Email folder, or the possibility of creating rules for the Junk Email folder allowing specific email address or domains to be deleted. On average, I received 20+ junk emails from the @clialiedge.com daily. There is no way to unsubscribe or be removed from these emails. Attempting to "unsubscribe" in their email links only increases the number of junk/spam emails from this domain.

Thank you!

• jzehring@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Permit blocking of top level domains - for instance I am getting alot of .review, .date, .stream, etc.; also, a block of a domain with a subdomain should be blocked if only the domain is blocked. e.g. dog.mangy.net should be blocked when you block mangy.net ...

Please MS let the users ban top level domains such as .date and .trade - the amount of junk is incredible, and ruins the MS/outlook email experience.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has not been completed. All you are doing is sending them to the junk mail. If we want to block email, we don't even want to see it in our junk mail folder. Please allow us to block domains from received emails by right clicking and selecting block->Domain. When these emails are blocked, they immediately get deleted rather than coming through to junk email. I get 50+ emails a day to my email address that would be blocked by this feature, and this doesn't happen with my gmail account.

• necromancer97 . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are not asking to block a domain name “blockeddomain.com”
    we are asking to block only the domain extension (.date, .trade, .spam)
    or to be able to use a wildcard to use as a name ei: *.date
    i get 200 spam emails a day & i want them to stop, if you can not do this for your users i am sure they will all go to another email provider that has what they need.

• annette_runacres@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to allow users to use a wildcard in the domain block settings. We are receiving lots of spam in the last few days from domains using the format AutoBeat.luxuryzero.com blocking domain luxuryzero.com doesn't work because they send again changing the first part AutoBeat if you allowed *.luxuryzero.com where the * is a wildcard it would help enormously.

• Matt Reaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting 100's of emails per day from .bid, .loan, .party, etc. It should be so easy to block these top-level domains, but I can't! Rules are not working and I cannot simply block a top-level domain. PLEASE FIX! I've used hotmail for nearly 20 years, and I'm hesitant to switch. Please!

• mg0302@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Please allow blocking top-level domains so that I can prevent adult content (from *@*.info) from entering my Junk folder.
    I am receiving so much adult content from these addresses and did not ask for it. I would appreciate the ability to block .info top-level domains before they arrive.
    Thank you!

• wallymcg@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting smashed by this coffeeaddiclife.com I have blocked it 3-4 time and it keeps caming can anyone give me suggestions on how to get rid of this domain

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base