OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Selecting multiple items in Junk folder

Older version allows you to select multiple items, even all items, in Junk and report them as phishing scams. This beta does not and that is a big fail for me.

1,767 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Billy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dawnzig@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. I, too, want to see the Report Phishing Scam option returned. AND want the ability to uncheck multiples after Selecting All within Junk folder.

• Laurel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to select multiple items and delete junk mail, flag phishing scams, and move items out of junk mail. Having to click one message at a time is not going to work.

• Vinny Benenati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely an issue for me, as I get a lot of unwanted junk email and in the junk folder, I cannot select all and block them. I have to go through multiple emails to block them.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

previous version allows selection ( i.e. select all) off multiple emails to be block all at once

• FVona@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to select multiple emails from the Junk folder (I whitelist my recipients) then select and drag them to the Inbox. The new beta interface does not permit me to do that using Safari version 11.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like also like to see the ability to block emails that come to my Junk box and I want to chose multiple emails, not one at a time.

• shawn bakker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually thought you cared about scams. I felt safer if I told someone about them. I guess you don't care if I get a virus or
    loose the little income I'm trying to live on.

• steve darner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with these, they are why I came here to give feedback.
    Need to select multiple items, even all items, in Junk and report them as phishing scams.
    option to block after checking all needs to be brought back.
    need a "REPORT" phishing scam, my friend's been hacked, or just report option under delete.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with John Dwayne; option to block after checking all needs to be brought back.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a "REPORT" phishing scam, my friend's been hacked, or just report option under delete.

• Corrine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although there is the option to "check all", attempting to UNcheck selected items does not work as it does with the non-beta version of Outlook.com. Please adjust the setting so items can be unchecked.

• pegmoran@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new beta, you can no longer click on all the remaining Junk Email (after deleting the ones that are Junk) and click Not Junk. You have to click on All, then unclick All, and then click Not Junk. Unnecessary extra step. Please bring back the old way.

• Toby Jorgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of us with the highest filter, make it easy to delete or block mail in the junk folder.

• John Dwane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to block email addresses individually in the beta. Please allow me to block all selected email addresses at once, as was possible in the previous version of Outlook. Thank you.

• johnmnagy@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JUNK no longer includes "Phishing" flag. Just JUNK now? I'm not sure what you did with tagged mail before, but it appears you aren't anymore. A shame, my spam/phishing content has increased 3-fold in the last 2 months, and much of it gets to my inbox.

• Kevin Ott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see options to sort my mail, nor to mass report phishing scams. My junk mail is full of them, and the option is invaluable.

1 3 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base