OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Selecting multiple items in Junk folder

Older version allows you to select multiple items, even all items, in Junk and report them as phishing scams. This beta does not and that is a big fail for me.

1,767 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Billy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lakshay Garg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The select buttons are too small and it is very likely that someone will click outside the button by mistake. In that case, all that the user had selected would be gone. Consider making them larger.

• Diane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just read the (helpful) response from Outlook.com. But this made me realise what had been niggling me about this option. As someone else has commented below, having the 'phishing' option under 'not junk' is counter-intuitive. Phishing may not be the same as "marketing" junk/spam (why the different nomenclature?), but it is definitely junk. I wouldn't want to mark it as 'not junk'.

• hortonleigh@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had had a huge increase in phishing emails in the last 12 months (shortly after an employment agency I was signed up to was hacked, not my bad practices). Until a few months ago a high proportion were going into my Focused inbox. On bad days this was up to 20 in any one hour! I identify and report every junk/phishing email, including sending the worst to Action Fraud. There has been a marked improvement in recent months but anything that makes it more difficult to manage junk/phishing will be a massive backward step for me personally, but also for wider internet security and Microsoft's servers! Yesterday I deleted over 1,000 Action Fraud Sent emails, there appears to be no way to do this using a rule (only incoming). Please keep up the fight against spam and phishing.

• kauser tahir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please allow more than one email to deleted at a time from the inbox and junk mail. thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to identify wanted emails from people who are not in my safe list yet, and then clear all the rest of the junk.
    I want to be able to Block all the unpleasant *** offers that keep filling my junk mail.

• pampaz@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CANNOT OVERSTATE MY AGREEMENT with this comment! Why on God's green earth would that option be removed? I just realized the feature was missing when I went to mark an "Apple receipt" phishing scam.

Unless the admission here is that there's nothing really being done with the mail marked as phishing other than a junk label?!

• Mandy Summitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can click on the work Junk above and there is a check mark. You click the checkmark and it selects everything, then you have the delete all available.

Yes, this single selection takes too much time and emails from people and businesses on my contact list are going into Junk, so I have to spend a lot of time sorting through at least 50 a day.

• Andres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only for phishing, also I prefer to BLOCK email too. Bring that feature back.

• t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

phising scam or blocking function, too important to lose in this beta

• Kalita Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like that multiple junk mail cannot be selected and blocked at the same time. Too time consuming to select the e-mails individually to add to block list. Also, spam e-mail that incorporate my e-mail address should be blocked; currently I cannot add these junk e-mails to my block list, even though the message was not sent from my e-mail address.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Phishing mail is obvously JUNK in my opinion so it makes NO sense to associate this option with the NOT JUNK menu. Placing the option in a JUNK menu would be more logical.

• snagmd@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently Junk button has all these. In beta Junk button seemed to be only for Junk. It's better to have all together since "Junk" can be many different forms and best to choose the right one rather than have the habit to click Junk for all. Better if all under same button.

• Naveen Gopinath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like it when I can move all the current and future email from a particular sender to another folder.

I find it convenient if I can select multiple messages in my Junk folder and block them all at once and not one at a time.

Ain't nobody got time for that guys.

Cheers

It is possible to report scams (phishing) in the new version. It is just not so evident, since you have to go to the menu "not spam" (the exact name in English is unknown to me, as I have the language Spanish, where it is called "correo deseado". Anyway, in the "not spam" dropdown, there is menu called phishing, where you can report the scams.

• exchael@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like that I can't select all and block email addresses in Junk folder. I have to go to each mail to block their address.

• Hattrup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to block multiple emails in the junk folder is alone enough of a reason to not use the Beta version of this.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base