OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Selecting multiple items in Junk folder

Older version allows you to select multiple items, even all items, in Junk and report them as phishing scams. This beta does not and that is a big fail for me.

1,774 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Billy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cpinnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You used to be able to bulk block junk mail - where did the feature go??? Microsoft you really suck at making it easy for end users

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New layout doesn't seem to have a way to block multiple spammers at once. Much fewer options in general for actions against multiple selected emails.

No ability ANYMORE to choose multiple items from the junk mail folder to move, only to delete...having to click on each item individually becomes very tedious when you use the junk folder to work from.

• starina27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to select multiple emails to move or block is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

• kasambucci@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new site stinks. I have that I can't select all then hit block in the junk folder. I get WAY too much junk and do not have the time to select email one at a time and then block them. Also, the button to click on them sometimes takes several tries before it selects the email. PLEASE Go back to the way it was, where you could select about 20 at a time and block them all at once

WHAT A BUNCH OF BS...JUST ANOTHER GOOD FEATURE DONE AWAY WITH WITH THIS NEW **** OUTLOOK EMAIL

• cuk1234 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We now have to block each spam mail separately. Nice upgrade you useless twits at msn. I am going to guess it's a "feature" to force us to pay for your sub-par service.

• liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to block junk mail so I can prevent future maillings.

• Beth Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like how I have to block email addresses one at a time in the new version. I feel like you're advocating for the spammers, not the hotmail users.

• Angelia Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why remove the ability to bulk block junk email? I don't know or want to know the ddresses or domains, i.e. the ability to block. Moving junk email to deleted requires me to Purge mail from my deleted files that I didn't want to receive in the first place, and allows them to continue to send me unsolicited mail.

• ginnyfrost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I'm in the junk mail folder I shouldn't have to select each message individually to say that they are "phishing" or "not junk". I should be able to go to the "All" button at the top and delete any that I don't want for a particular action or use that button to select all for a particular action. Please d
    on't make more work for me!

• Duane Hewitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook based on the beta has removed the ability to block (or report a phish) multiple senders when selecting multiple/all messages in the junk folder. The pre-beta Outlook would do this with no problem. Bring back the old functionality of the block and phishing selections

• andrew-yacoub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot bulk block emails in my junk with the new UI. Please fix as this is a common feature I have used for 10 years

• Nicola Lo Stracco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The NEW Outlook E-mail Program does not allow multiple messages in the Junk folder to be BLOCKED. This is a poor feature of the so-called updated program ! Please, make it right for us.

• Courtney Layne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put back the feature of deleting junk emails in blocks. I don't always have time to go through things one by one. This is too time consuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zeena_m@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can no longer select more than one item out of my junk mail and move to inbox or another folder. I can only do this one item at a time

• Amber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to select all junk mail items and then be able to deselect the few that I want to keep. When I click all and then try to click to deselect one, all are deselected.

← Previous 1 3 4

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base