OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please let us choose between Beta and Classic

If you continue to be as enthusiastic about Beta as you appear to be, and refuse to scrap it (something that many people would be extremely happy about) please let us CHOOSE between Beta and Classic Outlook. You don't seem to realize/understand that, what to you are improvements, are to many people quite the opposite. The Beta is so confusing and busy and, to me, very stressful and highly unpleasant. I find the changes not only unnecessary, but extremely negative. Don't you guys have anything better to do than to come up with such annoyances? I just read on my…

3,848 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4966 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

2. Don't Change it!

Don't Change it! Current version much better. Beta is like the Outlook App. This beta version looks too cluttered and messy. Don't like it! Harder to navigate.

16,912 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1337 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for trying the Outlook.com beta! We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Looking over the votes and comments, we find that this idea covers a lot of issues, many of which already have dedicated ideas opened. As this idea is too broad to be actionable, we will be closing this idea and encouraging everyone to vote on the individual ideas that have been created by other beta participants.

Some users may also find the beta quick help useful: http://aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp You can find simple steps to Turn off Focused Inbox, Show or hide the Reading pane, Leave the beta, and so on there.

We look forward to hearing more from you, and you can look forward to us listening. Many highly-requested features are currently being worked on thanks to your voices; keep them coming!

3. Don't want to give phone or alternate email

Why requirement to link phone or other email account to this one? Actually safer if a separate email account, unlinked to any other phone or email, is used solely for the email account that is given to Facebook. Facebook has major security problems and an unlinked account dedicated solely to that purpose would limit the damage of a breach.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot block unwanted email/spam

I am having blocking emails I do not want. I do not even have them in my safe listing. The save button is dark when you want to save an email you want to block. I have tried so many times. Please fix this terrible error ASAP. It is really making me sick of outlook now. I never had this problem with regular Hotmail. Please fix this problem ASAP. Thank you.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  18 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can't log out!!!!!

Can't log out, again!!!!!!!!!

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Horrible Layout and Not user Friendly

This is the absolute worst email I have ever used! Cant find anything I am looking for. The focused inbox is a joke. I just would like to be able to see the most recent emails at the top and in order from when they were recieved. Is that so hard to ask for?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Undo Button

Change the Undo button to its original functionality as well as positioning. Previously the Undo button was on the right hand side of Web Outlook, ever since the update it move it to the left hand side. On top of changing location the button doesn't have the same functionality... previously when viewing an e-mail and deleting one, the undo button was featured on the right hand side as well.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Emails going to wrong folders

All of a sudden my "good" emails are going to Junk and my "spam" emails are going to Inbox. Even after I say they are spam or they are not junk, they still end up in the wrong place. What's going on?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide some sensitive informations in our account (outlook.com)

I propose to hide the date when we changed our password. Because this is considered as a sensitive information. Sometimes people forget to log out of their account at work or school, and the next person who will use the computer will be able to access to their mailbox and view their personal informations, such the date the password was changed. Some persons I know have lost their account because of that and the malicious person contacted the support and provided them the date when the password was changed (in addition to other personal informations) to make it look like…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Block Senders and Domains Not working

Manually cannot Add or Save a email address or Domain name in Settings > Mail > Junk email > Blocked senders and domains.

This feature was working for sometime ago, not any more.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  33 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. does blocking emails work

If I block an email is it just wasting my time or does it work and how long does it take to work

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  33 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep the new [Beta] Outlook plain and simple.

I like the new beta of Outlook.com. It's fresh, clean and appealing. I was never a fan of the Skype integration. I don't use Skype and don't need it. If Skype is integrated into the final version of the Beta of Outlook.com, please provide the option to completely disable for those who don't want to use Skype and for privacy reasons. And, yes, I, too, would like to see the option to turn off Conversation View. Keep the new Beta of Outlook.com plain and simple. The previous version was bulky and over crowed with items that I never would use.…

3,631 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

222 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for trying the Outlook.com beta! We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Looking over the votes and comments, we find that this idea covers a lot of issues, many of which already have dedicated ideas opened. As this idea is too broad to be actionable, we will be closing this idea and encouraging everyone to vote on the individual ideas that have been created by other beta participants.

Some users may also find the beta quick help useful: http://aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp You can find simple steps to Turn off Focused Inbox, Show or hide the Reading pane, Leave the beta, and so on there.

We look forward to hearing more from you, and you can look forward to us listening. Many highly-requested features are currently being worked on thanks to your voices; keep them coming!

13. Rules do not work

Cannot run rules after editing. You update the rule then try to run it and nothing happens. Tried using check box while saving a rule, tried to click run button - nothing. Well, in this was rules are useless if you cannot update them through time.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve performance and filtering

Improve your junk message filtering. My important message is going into the junk folder. Also plz improve the performance as well. It has become very slow now. Opening an email takes a lot of time even though I am using wifi which has very good internet speed.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  132 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. good emails have started going to spam

All good emails have started going to spam. This is happening way more frequently now from last 1 month or so. Never had this issue before

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  19 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. please answer my original question

the answer you sent was not the answer to my question

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hate it

Hate it

2,648 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Not receiving emails from multiple senders

For the past few weeks, I am not receiving multiple emails from different people. I have had to give out my gmail address in order to receive them.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete/undo popup

What's with the delete/undo popup? Don't need. Distracting.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, you can disable these pop-ups by going to settings and turning them off!

Go to Full settings, by clicking the gear icon in the header and then clicking the link “View all Outlook settings”.

Then go to General > Notifications > Action confirmations. Uncheck the checkbox there.

Hope this helps!

Colin

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base