OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

764 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

150 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Junk e-mail: block e-mail addresses using wildcards (eg *@*.can

Junk e-mail: why can't you allow the user to block e-mails using a wildcard and only part of the e-mail address? I receive, EVERY DAY, emails from pharmacy<something>.can and I want to block *@*.can instead of wasting my time to block every single instance, every single day

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  127 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar events only display as dots on the date of the event; there is no event description

Events on the calendar do not appear as text, only as several dots.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all, sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. The calendar events will display as dots when you are in the month view and your browser window is too small to display each event for each day.

You could try making your browser window larger, so that more events can be displayed.

Our teams are also investigating whether they could display more events in that space as well… we’ll keep you posted!

Colin

4. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scroll bar design limits accessibility

Scroll bars are far too narrow, and making the bar mostly invisible makes it incredibly difficult for people with limited eyesight to see, and the tiny size can make it awkward to select.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select checkbox

The Master checkbox used to only select what was on my screen, this made it easy for me to clear batches of email quickly. Now, the checkbox selects everything in a folder, even if I've not had a chance to see it. This is not helpful at all.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why the german version called empty the trash or Delete folder "Leerer Ordner" just Empty Folder?

Why the german version called empty the trash or Delete folder "Leerer Ordner" just Empty Folder?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. email deletion

EMail Deletion

Why can't I delete the emails showing on the panel vs having to delete my entire Inbox?? I don't like having to click each one seperately.

578 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

282 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restore ability to create alias with hotmail.com -domain

Years ago it was possible existing users to create alias with "hotmail.com"- or "outlook.com" -domain. Now it's only possible to create alias with "outlook.com"-domain.

However new users (becoming Microsoft Account users) can choose their first email address between "hotmail.com" or "outlook.com" domains. I think this is unfair!

Please, give existing users ability to create new aliases with "hotmail.com" -domain so users can choose between "outlook.com" or "hotmail.com" -domains.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please allow us to get rid of this 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for it and it just takes up space.

Allow us to remove the 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for this and never will. Please allow us to delete it.

708 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Print calendar missing

We would like to print the calendar for any range of dates and list all of the scheduled events date and time etc

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 options for 'select all' checkbox: Select All in view vs everything

In the old view I can select all, and have it select only the visible messages. With this new beta select all seems to select my entire inbox. I would like both options.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I am unable to delete contact: Make the Delete button in Contacts actually do something. I want to delete old contacts but can't

It would seem a good idea if the Delete button inthe contacts list actually allowed you to delete contacts that are no longer required.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Quick Steps or Quick Actions

On outlook 2016 I have set up a quick action where I can create a calendar or task directly from an email, copying all the content of the email to the event/task details. Could this be implemented onto the site ?

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Save to OneNote is missing!

Add the One Note choice back as a location to either save or move to.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show total number of items in folder (like in desktop Outlook)

In Outlook 2010 and later, users can choose to display the total number of items in each folder (rather than the number of unread items). Please add this feature.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. If folder is marked as favorite, don't show it second time under favorites

As title says, don't show folder two times (in favorites section at the top and below) if it's marked as favorite

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We are considering this change and will reply back when we have an update.

19. Using the Select All selects flagged/pinned it did not do that in previous version

using the "select all" selects flagged/pinned it did not do that in previous version

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Desperately need a way to reorganize the folders in outlook.com

Would like a way to re-arrange folders, current their is no way to organize the folders position, when you drag a folder it only allows it to become a sub folder, but I want to move the positions of the parent folders. such as Inbox, Custom Folder, Achieve, Custom Folder, Deleted, Junk, etc.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base