OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocked email selected not being blocked

blocked email not being blocked

3,796 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  1857 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too much junk / spam: Junk folder becoming to inundated

20 year user moving to new platform. Flooded my junk box with advertisements now I have to search for any emails that may be of value to me that don't automatically filter to my inbox. It's a shame.

3,342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1528 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Obvious spam being sent to Inbox

Why is obvious spam not going to Junk or being blocked. 42 emails with the same "From" and "Subject" that arrived within 120 secs to my Inbox. These should have been filtered out and deleted or at the very least sent to Junk. Why weren't they?

2,071 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  511 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rules for junk

PLEASE add rules for junk mail. I often get mail in my junk mail that is actually useful, so I look in there often. Lately, I've been getting SO MANY phishing emails from Save Yourself trying to "blackmail" me into sending them bitcoin, and it automatically goes to my junk folder, but I want anything with the words "Save Yourself" to be deleted so I don't have to look at it. Their emails contain an old password of mine, and their emails are all different, so even if I block one, I'll get another email from a different address in…

1,659 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  263 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

955 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. QUIT MARKING EMAIL SPAM AFTER I HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT SPAM

QUIT PUTTING EMAILS IN SPAM FOLDER AFTER I HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT SPAM!!!!!

929 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  130 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Junk e-mail: block e-mail addresses using wildcards (eg *@*.can

Junk e-mail: why can't you allow the user to block e-mails using a wildcard and only part of the e-mail address? I receive, EVERY DAY, emails from pharmacy<something>.can and I want to block @.can instead of wasting my time to block every single instance, every single day

888 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

312 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please allow us to get rid of this 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for it and it just takes up space.

Allow us to remove the 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for this and never will. Please allow us to delete it.

802 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

297 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need a "block domain" option from Inbox.

Please give us the option of one click to select the "block domain" option from our Inbox. Thanks!

775 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  169 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problems with Blocked Senders list and junk mail Filter Options.

1. The Blocked Senders list puts email from Blocked Senders into my Junk Mail folder, rather than into my Deleted Files folder, due to the differing and changing subdomains that the spammers use.

2. Outlook does not allow wildcard (*) to block all subdomains from each email domain.

3. The filter options to block all subdomains from each domain don't work.

4. How do I block all email with address in the PATTERN of a@a.b.c? Notice that a@a.b.c is a PATTERN, not an email address. An example of a particular spammer's address is holdon@holdon.luxuryzero.com which is in the PATTERN of a@a.b.c (format).

Please…

675 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  56 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. email deletion

EMail Deletion

Why can't I delete the emails showing on the panel vs having to delete my entire Inbox?? I don't like having to click each one seperately.

593 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 options for 'select all' checkbox: Select All in view vs everything

In the old view I can select all, and have it select only the visible messages. With this new beta select all seems to select my entire inbox. I would like both options.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Print calendar missing

We would like to print the calendar for any range of dates and list all of the scheduled events date and time etc

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show total number of items in folder (like in desktop Outlook)

In Outlook 2010 and later, users can choose to display the total number of items in each folder (rather than the number of unread items). Please add this feature.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  thconsta responded

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We are considering this change and will reply back when we have an update.

17. If folder is marked as favorite, don't show it second time under favorites

As title says, don't show folder two times (in favorites section at the top and below) if it's marked as favorite

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We are considering this change and will reply back when we have an update.

18. Quick Steps or Quick Actions

On outlook 2016 I have set up a quick action where I can create a calendar or task directly from an email, copying all the content of the email to the event/task details. Could this be implemented onto the site ?

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. React to window width. Be a responsive web page.

Not good if you want to view in snap mode or on smaller widths as you've not included a responsive design.
    To actually use some features you have to view the website and on smaller devices it makes sense to cater for this.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We are considering a number of ways we should change the design based on screen size. We will reply back when we have an update.

20. Unwanted "subscriptions".

Anyway to "select all" of subscriptions and then "unselect" the ones I really subscribed to??????

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base