OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

shove a big beta to all the custumers...........mail checking is now worthless....not possible to to view or reply to a decent mail without issues

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. New feedback

I have been using Outlook/Hotmail for a very long time. In that time you have made it easier to accidentally delete the entire contents of the Inbox and made it much more difficult to recover emails.

It is the least desirable email client I use. And it progressively gets worse. The user experience is terrible.

I do not enjoy giving such feedback for products. But in this case it is necessary.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. New feedback

I've outlook beta. trouble with it. hope i explain it right. go to deleted items.then look over to where you see your deleted messages. above that you see deleted items across you see filters next line down you see recover items deleted from this folder {624 items} is what my show. I've exited out of outlook many times each time i log back on i see this number 624 items. if i delete inbox or junk mail the number goes up but doesn't reset to 0 item for recover. i have been off outlook for a day or 2 come…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. New feedback

I made a big mistake. I need to revert back to my Hotmail account because of some inportant ongoing issues I have to resolve. I wanted an additional account not a complete replacement. HELP ME!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. New feedback

this is not my o,ld Hotmail account. I don"t have my saved pictures on here!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. New feedback

sorry do not like new outlook the screen is to light cant see where things are

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. New feedback

Hi there,
    Can someone help me please, Can someone please let me know Whats happend to my hotmail account,? Ive loged into my hotmail account and everything has changes, everything looks different, I need to get into my old hotmail account as ive got some stuff saved there which i cant seem to fint on this new upgrade version, Please advise,
    Kind Regards
    Dermot Maughan

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. New feedback

Outlook email for this account is not synchronizing with other devices. Emails read on I-Pad are showing as "unread" on laptop.

Also, since you "FORCED" beta on this account, it is much slower.... Beta is a piece of ****.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. New feedback

re New Outlook email format

In addition to the SEND button being in a totally stupid location now (can't tell you how many times I've hit the REPLY button in attempt to send)...

Once a person clicks SEND, the message stays on screen. This leaves the user wondering whether or not it was actually send.

One more new feature that shouts "LOUSY DESIGN!" And prompts the question: Do the programmers assigned to work on Outlook actually USE email much?? Or is this the kind of stuff that gets farmed out to geeks in other countries because it saves you money?…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. New feedback

The recent changes you have made to the computer based outlook site are so deliterious and numerous they are too much to list. Is it your intention to render the site unusable and drive everyone to gmail, because that is what you're doing. I use Windows 7

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. New feedback

I am fade up with your service and now thinking to switch over to another one.

All the time on sending every message it shows ....... couldn't send the following message and that too without saving in draft. As ther is no manually option to save draft now.

Your modification is now a headache for me it spoils all my hard labour of writing. Beside this there is too many issues i am confronting with every day.

Thanks
    Anwar Hussain

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. New feedback

I do not like this version of Outlook. I am having trouble switching from inbox to sent e mails. I would not recommend this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. New feedback

Add calendar event to specific calendar

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New feedback

The POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings are unreadable in the dark theme

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

can't search for mail with attachments - so frustrating. I hate the new setup

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, thank you VERY much for providing all of this great feedback and for trying the new outlook.com experience.

You mentioned that you miss being able to search for messages with attachments.

You can still do that. If you click on the Search box up in the top of the screen, you will notice that there is an icon all the way to the right. It is a filter button. From there you can select Attachments.

Thanks for the feedback!

David Los

16. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I do not like the new arrangement in outlook because it's a strain on my eyes. I would like to go back to the previous view where I can switch between 'focused' and 'other'.
    That way, I will be able to have a much wider screen view

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello – First off, thanks for providing the feedback and for using Outlook.com. I just wanted to quickly drop you a note and let you know that there might be some options you can configure to make the experience more like you want.

When you are logged into your email, click the setting “gear” in the top right hand corner. From there, you might want to turn off the reading pane. This will ensure that you have a wide view of your messages.

You can also enable or disable focused inbox from there.

Hope this helps!

David Los

17. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

There is so much stuff on the screen that I can't read my emails! What happened? I can't even figure out how to have the email open in a new window so I can see it!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out, and using outlook.com.

I wanted to quickly get you some details that might help the transition. You can disable things like Focused/Other, conversation view, as well as the reading pane.

1) Login to your outlook.com account
    2) In the top right there is a gear, click it.
    3) this opens the quick settings. From here you should be able to disable all of the differences!

For opening a message in a new window, we will be adding that feature shortly!

18. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Why have you let this email system out with no way back for users? Reverse this, it is not ready for public use.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for using outlook.com, and for providing feedback! We are in the process of starting to migrate over to the new experience. However, we are watching all feedback and addressing it as fast as possible.

Can you please let us know what areas are making you feel we aren’t ready for prime time.

thanks!

19. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Grouping all of these emails together is terrible. I can't organize my responses. I'm a baseball coach, and it is lumping emails in my Inbox and those I've sorted to my Coach folder together, and I can't keep track like I used to. Change this back now!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and thanks for using outlook.com!

I think the setting you are wanting to disable is called conversation view. To do this follow these steps.

1) Login to your account
    2) Click on the gear on the top right
    3) This will open the quick settings panel. From here you can disable conversation view, as well as things like the reading pane, sender photos (initial bubbles)

hope this helps!

20. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

In regards to emails with multiple recipients, it would be nice if the all the previous messages aren't mixed with newest email like they are now. The old view was easier and emails don't get shuffled under the latest message and we have search for an email for a specific recipient.

How do I change my inbox my the old view where I see every email from the recipient(s) in its own line item, versus the current way where I have to expand and look for the recipient I am looking for? This happens on e-mails where others are cc'd…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – Thanks for the great feedback. It sounds like the view you would like is the no conversation view. You can disable it by doing the following

1) Login to your email
    2) In the top right you can click the gear menu
    3) This will open the Quick Settings Pane. If you disable conversation view it should give you the view you described below.

thanks for the feedback

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base