OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

NOTHING WORKS. I SPENT $800 on a surface go. I have been spending $10 a month on an outlook account and nothing works. I can't connect Outlook to my outlook email and the feedback app crashes. Please help before I get ride of all my windows products. AND EVERY HELP PLACE JUST POINTS ME TO FAQS SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYONE TO HELP.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. New feedback

Your new outlook is very clunky, it is not clear what has even sent and what has been received

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. New feedback

Created a folder, it was in the incorrect spot, so I dragged it to the correct spot. Now its nested under another folder. There is no way to "de-nest it".

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. New feedback

My msn payment is due on the 24th of the month, but I have received email from you saying my acct renews on the 10th. The info doesn't show any renewal needed on my msn account. Is this a scam? Bottom of email says "Form: 22"

Thanks & many blessings

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. New feedback

I hate your new layout and find my outlook virtually unusable is that the idea , so we pay you for something usable and now I am getting threatening emails from you to cut me off and if they are not from you how the *** do I contact you to confirm its not you, in fact how do you customers contact you at all

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. New feedback

I asked this question: Paid Hotmail Account - If one selects Export Mailbox, the changes their mind and wants to cancel the process, Just how is that accomplished?
    The robotic answer was to cancel the account. So much for basic robo.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. New feedback

Fake names are being put on emails that I send out.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. New feedback

dear, since the upgrade the outlook mail program is terrible! never experience so many problems. I tried it with Firefox & Explorer, but both are really bad. Am I the only one who is complaining? Hope there is a simple solution for this. Kind regards, Jan-Joost Schouten

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. New feedback

I cant make any sense of the new focused inbox and consequently cant use my webmail in browser anymore... Irritating!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. New feedback

not secure no trust no notifications from windows community is that enough it doesn't look good at all!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. New feedback

No, the solution offered DID NOT resolve my problem. I clicked no, but apparently it didn't transmit.
    Overnight the view in my Inbox changed so that I can no longer see who sent me the messages received. I want the old Inbox back! I HATE THE NEW OUTLOOK! I find little to like in the new, "improved" Outlook. I can no longer adjust the width of the columns, I can no longer see who sent me a message in the Inbox list. What more will I discover has changed for the worse???

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. New feedback

Before Outlook changed the way it looks/functions I had some specific emails with instructions. Now, I cannot find them ANYWHERE! Thank you Outlook!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. New feedback

Im trying to change my password as I have had other parties trying to access my email and gain confidential information. After trying multiple times to change my password I am being told I cannot do this until the 19th of September, please advise.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. New feedback

THIS APP INVADED ALL MY EMAIL and not able to use hotmail or plain msn to access my msn email-POOR App, have to enter password at all areas and my emails/attachments do not all get sent. I want out and a choice to use hotmail or msn to check my email without having to go through outlook-regretting signing up for this, too controlling and does not work well. Ask for password too often...help, I want out.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. New feedback

Outlook does not work properly. I have trouble from inbox to sent mail, and switching to junk mail. Does not load. Put a product out that works before you offer to public.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. New feedback

items have been deleted from 2 different folders AGAIN. There have been over 100 items "deleted" from the delivered folder and canceled orders folder. I DID NOT ACCIDENTALLY DELETE THEM. I need them back. Someone needs to fix this problem. This is the second time this has happened since outlook has changed. please fix this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. New feedback

One or more folders in my mailbox have name conflicts with others or system reserved names.

Folders with these names can't be downloaded by your IMAP e-mail program.

What I need to do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. New feedback

This new Outlook is TERRIBLE!! I have to hunt for the emails I have flagged, every single Reply I have attempted gives a popup box that states my reply "cannot be sent at this time". Either go back to the previous version of Outlook or tell me how to go back myself. This version is full of errors, faults, and difficult to use. Please help!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. New feedback

I am unable to get my account to connect and pull in emails with the Outlook app. I have no issues with my gmail accounts or connecting my hotmail to my Apple mail app.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. New feedback

The new outlook is awful. the numbers displayed at the side of the Inbox, junk Emails and other folders dont seem to update when I have read all my email or deleted the junk. I would like to revert back to the old outlook but the beta switch button is missing so I dont seem to be able to. Not happy at all about this. very poor microsoft!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base