OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search calendar feature needed

We would like to search the calendar for events like we can for emails

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

118 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Advanced search

How do I do an advanced search in the beta? Specifically, how do I search by date?

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – I just wanted to let you know that we have enabled search date ranges in the new Outlook.com experience.

If you click into the search bar at the top of the screen, you will see a filter view in the right of the search box. If you click that you can see you can now enter date ranges.

Hope this helps!

David Los

3. Shrinking emails!!

the ads cause the email to shrink and makes it very hard to see the email. could you please remove the ads on the right side. Thanks

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about the new Outlook.com experience! We truly value it and appreciate you picking us for your email!

I did want to take a few seconds and let you all know that there is an option to get an ad free experience of Outlook.com. If you have an Office 365 subscription, one of the benefits is an ad free experience on Outlook.com.

You can get an Office 365 subscription by clicking on the Get Premium button in the left hand column.

For those that don’t want to get a subscription there are two other options that might feel better. First you can turn off the Reading pane. This will give more space when you open up a message.

Secondly, you are able to double click on a message and open it in a pop-out window.

Hope this helps!

David Los

4. Bring back Sweep

Sweep is one of the best and most useful features of Outlook, and it seems to have been completely removed from the Beta... PLEASE bring it back!

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  thconsta responded

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com Beta! We’re happy to say ‘Sweep’ does exist; select any number of messages and click the ‘Sweep’ button on the top bar (below Search). You then have various options to sweep your selected emails!

5. Permanently delete old messages and recover other deleted items

I like to be able to PERMANENTLY delete old messages. In the Deleted folder I select "Recover Deleted" and then Purge from that back-up folder. (Incidentally, "Select All" on right-click does not appear to work in Alpha.)
    What is the position re deleted messages in Beta? Recover Deleted is not offered.

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for all of the great feedback on Outlook.com. The funcationality to view deleted items, as well as quickly purge them all has rolled out to all users.

You can find it by navigating over to the Beta, and clicking on Deleted Items. You will notice at the top of the page there is a link to view the previously deleted items. From here there is a one click delete all in case you want to purge it.

Thanks again for all of the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

6. PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

I am getting A TON of really inappropriate and obviously spam e-mails. Whatever MSN and Hotmail are currently doing to ensure these do not come to our mailboxes (ANY folder, including JUNK - I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!) is not working. Can I PLEASE speak to someone about this problem. It's been increasing over the last year and I'm really tired of it. It's not appropriate and these are very clearly not "real" e-mails. I do not have time in the day to block individually. PLEASE contact me about this problem. I'm…

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

432 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to report your issues with our spam filters, as well as for using Outlook.com.

I just wanted to let you all know that as of this morning we have made some changes to our spam filters. This should help reduce some of the levels of spam you may have been experiencing.

Thanks

David Los

7. Block Sender Email Address Confirmation

when you click on block to block a sender, display the email address it's blocking and a yes/no option to confirm. this is on the existing

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

9. print

It is not possible to print an email. I got 4 white pages out of the printer when I tried to print my Uber invoice. Please take a look at this feature!

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. With the new Beta version I am not abl eto download attachments - please help!

With the new Beta version I am not able to download attachments - please help!

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide or collapse flagged / pinned messages

Hi,

It could be nice to have the possibility to hide/unhide flagged (important) messages from the list. Like that it would be much easier to see the message you just received now.

Thank you

226 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to thank everyone for using Outlook.com and for providing all of this great feedback!

We have been reviewing all of the varying feedback for pinned items. One of the things that we heard loud and clear was that you love Pinned Items, however lots of folks felt they were taking to much space up.

We are happy to say that we have adjsuted the UI to make them very clear that they are pinned as well as reduce the size that they take in your message list.

I hope that you enjoy these changes, and as always thanks for using Outlook and please keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

12. Full Inbox Please!

I want to see my full inbox in chronological order, I don't want outlook to automatically try to filter it

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to personally thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing all of the great feedback.

I wanted to just drop you a note about the request for being able to see the inbox in a single view, not in the focused other view. We actually do support that right now.

To disable Focused Other follow these simple steps

1) Login to your outlook.com mailbox
    2) In the top right there is a Gear icon, This is settings click it.
    3) This opens up the quick settings view. From here you can disabled Focused Inbox.

Once you have it disabled you will go back to the old view where everything is in a single Inbox view.

Hope this helps

David Los

13. It's a mess.

It's a mess. Someone went wild with the crayons. I'm an adult; I want my emails to be displayed in clean, clear and succinct manner. It's Email, not the next great novel. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. The old hotmail was clean, and now I'm dealing with Focus and Other - sheer idiocy, so don't make worse than it is!

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to try the new Outlook.com experience as well as providing feedback!

Since you have left this feedback, we have introduced a lot of additional settings that will allow you to configure the experience to be closer to the classic Hotmail/Outlook.com experience.

To get started click on the Gear in the top right.

From there you might want to Disable Conversation View, Reading Pane, Sender Photos, Attachment Previews, Group messages by date, and Focused Inbox.

Once you have those off it should look much more like the older experience.

Hope this helps, and please keep the feedback coming!

David Los

14. Go back to old hotmail version - NO outlook

I dont like neither of the Outlook templates, the beta or the actual version. I use to love my hotmail template with my marks emails appearing first and everything most simple. Now with Outlook if I don't see it on my iphone, some of thenew emails that aririves to me doesn't appear in my home page and I have to look for them on "search" and and if it was not enough the "send" botton stopped working a few days ago and they haven't solve it so I cants send emails if is not trhough te awful beta version.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

15. it is not easy to work with. Why is there an envelope which says you can open your mail. Just let see the mails.

it is not easy to work with. Why is there an envelope which says you can open your mail. Just let see the mails

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. reading pane

In the old version clicking on the inbox after clicking on a message refreshes the reading pane leaving it empty. In the beta version doing the same thing leaves up the last clicked message. Would like to clear out the reading pane if no message is clicked.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. forward to another email account is missing

I can't see where to forward my emails automatically to my external email address. It stops working.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all of the feedback, and for trying out the Beta. We have been hard at work addressing all of your feedback.

I am happy to say that forwarding has been added to the Options. Please do the following to configure your forwarding address

1) Login to The Beta
    2) Click on the Gear in the upper right
    3) Scroll down to Full Settings View
    4) Select Forwarding.

Hope this helps and thanks for all of the great feedback!

David Los

18. Changing subject

I was unable to change the subject line when replying to an email. I'd like to be able to change that as the conversation changes.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for giving feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We understand that the inline reply feature is somewhat new and you’re not seeing some text fields that you’re used to seeing.

To edit the subject, simply expand the inline reply mode into the full reply mode. There is a button near the top-right corner of the reply box that can do this (it is an icon that makes you think “Expand”). That will make the subject field show up for you to edit.

We will further consider whether and how to make it possible to edit the subject in the inline reply mode.

Thank you!

19. Missing block for select all in Junk folder

JUNK select all needs block button

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the late response on this one! It totally fell off our radar to close out.

I just wanted to let you know that you can in fact bulk mark as phishing or block from the junk folder.

If you select multiple or select all you can use the not junk drop down at the top of screen and select block.

Hope this helps!

David Los

20. There needs to be an option to delete/clear search history!

There is no way to delete/clear search history in Outlook.com!!!!!! This is crazy! This is a basic necessity!

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the great feedback, and for using outlook.com! I just wanted to let you know that everyone should be able to clear their search history now.

To do this follow these steps

1) Click the Gear/Cog in the top right hand corner
    2) Click Full Settings at the bottom of the Quick Setting Pane
    3) Select General in the left
    4) Select Export

From here you can delete your search history, export it if you want a copy, or request an export of your mailbox.

Hope this helps!

David Los

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base