OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch between accounts

I have 2 Outlook.com accounts, 1 Office365 account, and 1 Gmail account I'd like to access through Outlook.com. Please allow me to switch easily between these accounts. I should be able to log in once, and link all of these together, and then switch between them easily. Currently I need to sign out and sign in to switch.

379 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. inbox doesn't update with incoming messages nearly as quickly as the old version

inbox used to update almost instantly, now I'll see messages on my phone that don't automatically show up in the web browser for long periods of time, even having a lot of them doesn't prompt an automatic refresh.

I didn't see see any way to turn off favorite folders either. Which I see as kind of pointless when 99% of what comes in is either trash or inbox. Maybe that's good for someone that gets too many emails and has them all sorted, a lot of people never use auto-sorts and I keep my email clean enough to not need…

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disaster

The ads on the right are a nuisance. It is too cramped and complicated is right! And very difficult to find the thread of my email messages. Also attachments are hard to find. In short a true disaster. Take me back to the old outlook please. Help!

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I hate croped messages

I hate cropped massages in any format, and I hate using sliders to read a sentence or view a page in any format. Please make it so all the clutter can be cleared and an entire item can be viewed.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Glitchy, especially when replying

When I try to type a reply, or just view the bottom section of an email, it goes glitchy - jumping back up to the top of the email repeatedly and is an effort to scroll back down. It's annoying and almost impossible to write a reply email

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not enough space

Too much vertical panels in Outlook.com beta. The new layout makes difficult to navigate through your emails and looks a bit messy and that there's no enough space.

I rather keeping the current version.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. React to window width. Be a responsive web page.

Not good if you want to view in snap mode or on smaller widths as you've not included a responsive design.
    To actually use some features you have to view the website and on smaller devices it makes sense to cater for this.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We are considering a number of ways we should change the design based on screen size. We will reply back when we have an update.

8. Too many useless features

People used to complain that there was information missing... Now, everything is there. EVERYTHING. Including all the icons that nobody ever clicks on. Leaving the useful things in the browser and making the less useful things (like the pointless navigation panel allowing me to see pictures or people) available in the further settings would be better.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cluttered and Adverts that can't be minimised.

Interface is still too cluttered. If the whole screen was available for the interface, and a few tweaks were made, then fractionating the screen like that might work. The one thing that absolutely kills it is having 20% of the screen taken up with AN ADVERT THAT CAN'T BE CLOSED. Take the ads away please!!

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Completely sucks

Gmail has no ads in my face. And paying you 99 bucks a year to get a webmail product as utterly pathetic as this would be laughable were it not so greedy and obscene for a company with many billions in unspent cash lying around.

It sucks in so many ways it's impossible to begin. But I'll try: actually fetch mail from connected accounts in our own lifetime.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sign in

why do I have to sign in all the time? I checked keep me signed in.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Is it possible that you’re accessing OWA from a different browser each time you’re signing in? The “Keep Me Signed In” feature will only work if you access from the same browser on the same computer in normal browsing mode.

If you access in private browsing mode, it will not remember your “Keep Me Signed In” preference.

Alternatively, if you clear your cookies, it will not remember your sign in preferences.

Can you give us any more details about what’s going on?

Colin

15. allow different profile names for each email alias

This has been requested many times before, please allow different email alias to use different profile names. Also when changing profile names let it immediately update to the alias. There is a genuine reason for this, many people have alias's where they aren't known by the same profile name and it just gets confusing for those receiving it who often delete the email.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Terrible just terrible!

Extremely slow loading times, impossible to navigate and find things...and I'm a very tech savvy individual in my 20's. Too cluttered and compact. Please fire whoever made this, if it ever becomes the only choice to use I will gladly be switching to Gmail that day.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Too much on the screen

I also couldn't figure out how to navigate some of it. I mostly didn't like how I could not figure out how to enlarge my message to a fuller screen. I don't like all the little screens taking up all the space.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Don't loose the essential

I don't like it. This new version is too much detailed, with too many informations on the screen : the eye is completely lost and we loose the essential: the message to our contact and the attached file.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. mail and calendar and contacts open in same tab

its easier and faster if mail and calendar and contact tabs appear in the same browser tab. like it was in the previous version. in the beta version, everytime i go back and forth between mail and calendar, a new tab opens, and is quite annoying + takes time to load etc.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base