OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need an option to turn OFF predictive text.

Provide an option to turn on/OFF predictive text:

1) just for the current email
    2) for all emails

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using Outlook.com and providing feedback!

To turn off text predictions:
    1) At the top of the page, select Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Compose and reply.
    2) Under Text predictions, clear the Suggest words or phrases as I type check box.

For more information, please see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-intelligent-technology-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-com-24b30683-8340-4b69-b8ac-4193ec528a70

2. auto

I already know what I mean to say. Please make all auto features optional so they can be turned on/off manually.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry you’re not finding these features helpful. All our intelligent features have settings that can be individually disabled by going to:
    Settings → Mail → Compose and reply, and finding the respective feature.

From the issue opened here, it sounds like this could be one of two items:

1) Text predictions: Outlook suggesting words of phrases as you type a message.

To disable: Settings → Mail → Compose and reply → Text predictions → Uncheck “Suggest words of phrases as I type”

2) Microsoft Editor: Outlook can help find spelling and grammar mistakes, or suggest alternate ways to rewrite sentences you’ve written by flagging them with an underline.

To disable: Settings → Mail → Compose and reply → Microsoft Editor → “Microsoft Editor settings”.
    From here you can select which types of corrections/suggestions you’d like to see, or turn them off completely.

For more information on intelligent features,…

3. Hide Specific Spelling/Grammar Suggestions

I want an option to hide individual spelling/grammar suggestions. I disagree with one of the suggestions and don't want to see the blue underlines. They are distracting.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using Outlook.com and your feedback! To modify which suggestions appear:

1) Go to Mail > Compose and reply.
    2) Under Microsoft Editor, go to Microsoft Editor Settings.
    3) Switch options on and off for the corrections and refinements you want.

Alternatively, while writing an email draft:
    1) Select Editor in the compose ribbon at the bottom of your message.
    2) Click to select or deselect suggestion types (Spelling, Grammar, or Writing Refinement).

You can find more information on Microsoft Editor here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/check-grammar-spelling-and-more-in-outlook-com-and-outlook-on-the-web-c6b1283d-81a2-47f1-bc85-9e8dfc0cbf15

4. Remove news folder

Please add the option to remove the news folder from the left sidebar completely.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Search bar location doesn't work for me.

I really don't like the new location of the Search bar in Outlook. I wish we had more control over these things. Not every idea is a good one and Microsoft's propensity for trying to control everyone's user experience is what drives users to Apple.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. sign out button

provide separate sign out/log out button. NOT from a drop down menu.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Files menu EXPANDED?? Why?!!!!

Why Outlook opens with Files menu expanded??!! I don't want that everyone may seen it!!

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add option to remove Files/Groups folders from mail section

Allow people to disable the Files folder and the Groups folder. Some people find they take up to much room on the

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Phishing spanish translation

You have mistranslated the word "phishing", you have translated it as "pesca" which is the Spanish word for "fishing". Either you put back phishing or you put identity theft, because "pesca" is ridiculous.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Files Folder

The Files folder is now expanding by itself upon opening Outlook and causing everything to be slow to load.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move or hide the "Files" section on the left bar

The new section "Files" in the left bar (to access fast to the email attachments) should be moved below the main Mail Directories, because the main use of the interface is navigate between mails and not files.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. outlook theme colors

The colors for Outlook are now electric blue and slightly darker electric blue. Why? The Outlook colors were already there. Why remove them? Microsoft seems to take away more and more customer autonomy and personal expression with each update. We need to have themes and/or more colors re-added, please.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Blocked emails going into deleted box

blocked mail going into deleted box when it was deleted on blocking

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ads

I do not think ads should be able to track people they way you currently allow . Roger McNamee is right big tech is getting out of hand. Better opt out options are needed
    Thanks Terry

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there – Thank you for using Outlook.com and for providing feedback. I did want to quickly let you know that there are a couple of options for our advertisments.

1) We offer an ad free experience for our Office 365 subscribers. Not only do you get ad free, but you also get other benefits like the office apps, as well as additional storage on OneDrive.

2) All ads that show up also have an ad choices icon. From there you are able to opt out of any targeting the ad providers use.

Thanks

David Los

15. Advertising

Please add a "deactivate all" button to the advertising companies selection!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Kudos

Since this time last year hotmail has certainly gotten better. I have several different email accounts with other entities and I must say your sign-in is the best. Don't change it, there's absolutely no reason to...

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update Outlook so that email addresses with abnormal characters (not "special" or normal) can be blocked by command and rules.

There is A LOT, and I really mean A LOT, of spam mails that use email addresses which include characters that we don't normally find anywhere in ASCII. We need Outlook to become able to block and IMMEDIATELY REMOVE email addresses that include non-ASCII characters, very badly.

These email spammers are willing to make any nonsense character be inserted into the sending address at any cost, just to waste space and time.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Deliver messages from blocked senders in the Junk Email folder as well as redeem the Quarantine message action configured list via spam filt

I would like messages from blocked senders to be delivered in the Junk Email folder with the Quarantine message action redeemed at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add dark mode to outlook loading screen

Add dark mode to outlook loading screen

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix bug of Outlook.live.com page refreshing every second

Outlook.live.com page refreshing every second bug. no chrome extensions loaded at all. have to close chrome and open it back up again for normal function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base