OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPAM!

The amount of annoying pop ups trying to push new "features" feels very untrustworthy. Mail services should not be confused with social interactive sites.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  69 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

219 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put the "Today" and "Yesterday" sections back

You need to put "Today" and "Yesterday" and "This month" back to where we can see it in the emails. Why did you change it? I scroll right past it because it looks like an email. Just put it back the way it was. This makes NO deliniation between yesterdays emails and today's.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders disappearing

The folders list has evidently been 'enlarged' to the point that 'conversation history', personal folders like 'temp' and the 'new folder' tab all at the bottom of the folders list are now non-viewable...can you IT people not come up with a better solution to whatever it is that you're trying to do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Icons Not Updated

Product Icons not updated on the app menu on outlook (square dots in the top left)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Previewing attachments

New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New 2FA Option

please consider using the projecthydro.org 2FA protocol RAINDROP instead of google as google has abandoned their 2FA and it is not as user friendly, hydro's is more secure, is currently supported and uses new technology. Please at least give us the option to keep our accounts this safe.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flag emails

It would be nice to be able to "flag" emails, please. Such as tasks in desktop Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

10. need help recovering an attached document sent via email awhile ago

need help recovering an attached document sent via email awhile ago

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Outlook name not showing properly

One of my friends started outlook today with his Gmail email address. When he presses on his photo on the top right in outlook web, it shows his new bizarre looking outlook address. He also cannot see his name. All what outlook shows is that outlook email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. HELP ME

contact microsoft. i can not get into my account from my iphone. now suddenly it asked for a code each time i log in

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Cannot Empty Other

Cannot empty Other without checking each email individually. What is going on??

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you look to the left of the Focused/Other buttons, there is a gray circle with the check inside. If you click that button, you will select all messages in Other. Then you can use the Delete button in the triage bar (above the Focused/Other buttons) to delete all, or move all, etc.

Hope this helps!

Colin

14. Cannot see our corporate Logo in Signature (emai)

When writing or replying to and email, I can no longer see our corporate logo in signature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What can I do to keep wanted email from being blocked

Outlook continues to filter legitimate mail into the "junk" folder along with the junk mail. This alone is not a serious problem, but Outlook regularly blocks some email from getting through that I want -- such as subscriptions to Mauldin Economics and Barnes & Noble that are in my address book. What can I do to keep wanted email from being blocked?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. I‘ve changed my username, but why the email' username is not changed in the same time? How I change my email's username? thanks!

I‘ve changed my username, but why the email' username is not changed in the same time? How I change my email's username? thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. For tech support

Hi,

Please could you forward this to technical support and ask them to contact me via email or is that possible? I updated security info to make my account more secure because of my personal information and identity use. How do you protect personal information at outlook.com? Is updating security info and changing password ok or do I need to do more things to protect my account? Could you please take good care of my personal information, my identity and content at my outlook.com. Thank you. This is not a public or forum topic this is private message for Microsoft…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. I need to prove sender never sent email

I need to proof that i never received an email and also need to prove i never deleted it, to hide the fact it was sent. This is a very urgent matter, one I feel is private but after 45 minuets on the phone this was the only option i was given

Help/advice needed

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. pictures in signature

I can see the inactive picture icon in the signature, but currently cannot upload any pictures to appear at the bottom of my emails in my signature! Please can you activate it asap!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 95 96
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base